• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Disney California - Cars Land

Danny

TS Contributor
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance
Cars Land opens on Friday over at Disneyland California. I haven't followed the construction heavily, but after seeing some of the pictures now and especially the POVs of Radiator Spring Racers, it looks like one of the best themed areas I have ever come across.

RSR Testing

RSR - Paint Shop Track

Luigi's Tire Shop

General Overview

The detail on the rock work really is incredible. Although the queues will most likely be horrible for the next couple of months after it opens on Friday, it looks worth a visit!

Gah! Double post, damn lack of the edit button.

Some great pictures of DCA's progress on Cars Land and around the rest of the park can be found here.

Honestly - I am blown away by how incredible this looks. Obviously, Disney always tend to do a good job with their E Ticket attractions, but this is quite amazing.

The animatronics are just insane. They look, quite honestly, lifelike.

:D

After seeing some of the off-ride testing stuff I thought Radiator Springs Racers looked a bit underwhelming, but I had no idea about the indoor section. Similar ride sort of thing to Test Track (I know it's the same/similar ride system) but god those animatronics are amazing! Did not expect that first indoor part at all, hats off! Outdoor looks better onride too, great rock work.

So epic!
Disney are brilliant for dark rides, and this seems to be a great addition, IPs work at Disney, they seems to not be as good in UK parks due to budget.

I was aware they were going to replicate the Test Track ride system in a way, but not on this scale. It really is great to see such an amazing project come to a conclusion and come forward to the public eye. Disney have taken my breath away with things prior to this, but Cars Land really is a spectacular addition.

I'm still in awe of the animatronics... It frightens me how life like they are!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I'm not sure if some parts are projected on a screen or are actual animatronics, the tractor part sticks out in my mind here.

RSR looks amazing, the exterior is fantastic at setting the scene, the dark ride section just blows away anything i've ever seen Disney do before, i'd say the Animatronics are higher quality than the recently opened The Little Mermaid in DCA. The Test Track end section looks quite fast with a few headchopper elements, a great family thrill/dark ride combo.

Did this really cost $200million? I hope I get to ride this one day, it looks honestly amazing.

Also perhaps some air time & them head choppers are so well placed.

The entire attraction, the scenery, the animatronics ( although I believe some must be projected ) looks spot-on.

Only thing is, ( I haven't seen it properly ) but the boarding section looks a bit, well, unthemed compared to the rest anyway?

Not sure if the entire Cars Land cost $200million as they have been touching up around the park a lot, including a brand new "Main Street" aka Buena Vista Street, so the budget may have been divided across this. Although it wouldn't surprise me if the whole budget had been spent on Cars Land.

From seeing RSR in action from the POVs, I can honestly say I'm very impressed with the scale of such an IP, I would really love to go and see it in person some day, and would adore taking my son, who is a massive Cars fan (being young, thats pretty standard).

I feel the whole experience looks amazing, and Cars Land as a whole looks to be a major hit. It is simply great work by Disney.

The Cars Land rock work is, frankly, stunning! Perhaps Disney's best ever work (although I really like some of the stuff in Tokyo DisneySea). I actually visited the original California Adventure back in 2005, and the park seems so much different now from when I went. The redevelopment of DCA gives me hope that a similar plan will be used for WDS in Paris...

Buena Vista Street looks fantastic too - the old entrance of the park was really bad. The central 'icon' of the park was a glittery hubcap called the Sun Icon. But the entire park looks fantastic (the rapids ride there is awesome!). If I have the money, I'm going to California, not Florida! (The Indiana Jones Adventure is worth the price alone - an amazing dark ride!)

I've been wanting to visit DC for years and Cars Land merely makes me want to visit even more! Disney always manages to out-Disney itself in quality attractions and this, especially with the car animatronics, just proves how big a venture they can get. Would absolutely love to see how the animatronics work out alongside the (more than likely) projected eyes/mouths in synchronisation.

I'm equally impressed by Ariel's Undersea Adventure at Adventure too which also has amazing animatronics and has been touched up in several areas since the outstanding opening. It's just very overwhelming in terms of theming to be honest!

As well as re-opening Disney California Adventure yesterday (with 6 hour lines for Radiator Springs Racers!), Disney have added the option of buying "Glow with the Show" Mickey Mouse ears for the World of Colour performances. For a few shows they're handing them out for free, and they look awesome. I recently saw Coldplay live and they used a very similar trick, which was very impressive.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVe93Vhbpxk[/youtube]

And they've also added a new daytime fountain show, with Goofy:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prxd9jN636g&feature=relmfu[/youtube]

It just gets better and better as it goes along!

For anyone interested, I've come across the layout for Radiator Springs Racers. It is interesting how the dark ride portion fits neatly into a square. (I double checked the image is allowed to be reused for non-commercial purposes, so it is allowed to be here)

4359277691_218be927d2_o.jpg