• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Disney theme park merchandise

Spookle15

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Big Thunder Mountain
I was looking for somewhere to put this, so I hope I'm in the right place.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience of buying any Disney items from the USA while you're in the UK?

They have a lot of really good ride based merchandise on the US website but the tax and shipping is very expensive. You can also see from youtube videos a lot of park specific merchandise that doesn't make it onto shopdisney.com

I've looked into personal shoppers on facebook, but one person will buy you a $150 shirt for an example (this is the price on shopdisney) add on $50 for picking it up and then there is shipping as well.

I might just have to bite the bullet and pay the tax prices, as apart from going to the parks, I'm not sure if there is any other way to get stuff from the US.

I'd like other theme parks to offer online shipping to the UK, at least Disney do offer it.

I agree.

They have occasionally had things from DLP, a mug here and a notebook there. But I'd love to be offered proper merchandise from a ride, don't care if it's DLP or California or Florida really.

They have at least been doing something with the Minnie Mouse Main Attraction collection.

The internet has been going nuts for the series. I got January (Space Mountain) online, was a bit of a bun fight. The February one was for POTC, so I went to Liverpool and queued for that. First time I've ever queued outside a shop for it to open.

The next one I went for was April's Tiki Room - have never been on this ride but I've loved watching POV's from it and the design was amazing. I was lucky to get anything from this month.

And pretty much since they opened shopdisney.uk to the USA shoppers (not fair)..... and the main attraction for June and also July has been cancelled for Americans.... it's been pretty bad getting anything online.

Luckily I am only collecting the pins and the mugs but other things such as ears and the bags have had people howling with anger.

Ultimately, if they ruin Big Thunder Mountain month I'm going to tape myself to the outside of a Disney store and start singing songs from Dreamworks films. Some of the designs have been a bit meh.... if they ruin Big Thunder Mountain..... :mad: