• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Disneyland Paris 2/3/18 - First Ever Visit

RicketyCricket

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Taron
Edited to add photos below!

Headed over to DLP for the first time ever over the weekend for my girlfriends birthday. Got a pretty good deal £550ish for 2 nights at the B&B Hotel, 3 days park entry, and Eurotunnel included for two people.

The B&B hotel was perfectly located with free shuttle buses every 20 mins. It's also the last stop before the parks so you don't have to stop off at the other hotels to pick up other guests! Would definitely recommend.

Having visited the Florida Disney parks back in October, I was expecting to be a tad disappointed... I couldn't have been more wrong. We started off at Disney Studios and done the following in chronological order...

Tram Tour - Seemed very dated but enjoyable enough. Wouldn't be in a rush to do it again.

RC Racer - A decent filler ride and good fun. Wouldn't queue more than 15 mins for it.

Ratatouille - My first ever trackless dark ride. A superb family attraction but it could be much better. We used the single rider queue and got on the same car!

Tower of Terror - I will simply never get bored of this ride.

Rock n Rollercoaster - Much like the US version, this coaster is just crap. It's far too uncomfortable to enjoy and the theme is too dated.

Crush's Coaster - Good fun coaster as expected with MS Spinners. It's no Dragons Fury or Winjas, but better than Spinball. The theming was disappointing by Disney standards. The station is good and the audio but it very much felt like zipping around a metal shed.

Got on all the other kiddie attractions but didn't do any shows due to bad timing. It's nowhere near as special as 'Disney' as Hollywood Studios, but it does offer more in terms of rides.

On the Saturday we spent the whole day, 10-10, at Disneyland Park. As expected, the initial entrance is very impressive with the Disneyland Hotel through to the castle. The castle itself is stunning and it's great you can go up the stairs and have a walk around. We stumbled across the Dragons Lair under the castle - I had no idea this existed and the animatronic is jaw dropping! Probably the highlight of the trip for me.

It was a very busy day and aside from the railroad, we didn't get on any rides until 2pm. We got on pretty much everything eventually so I'll quickly review the main attractions...

Big Thunder Mountain - went on this twice and it's a perfect coaster. Its great for kids and thrilling enough for the adults. The attention to detail with the theming on ride really adds to the experience.

Indiana Jones - It looks great with the theming and fire effects, but that's where it ends. I found it a bit dull. It's rough but not *too* rough which was a pleasant suprise. And the loop is pretty intense.

Hyperspace Mountain - Rode front row and it was pretty good. The restraints are very comfortable for OTSR's. On the back row however it's absolutely tremendous.. it really makes a huge difference. The external theming absolutely s**ts on the Magic Kingdom version, as does the whole Tomorroland area, especially at night.

Overall I think I preferred the park to Magic Kingdom. MK is overwhelming crowded which can make it difficult to appreciate your surroundings fully. At DLP we were able to stroll around and take it all in. The Pirates of the Carribbean area is amazing with all the caves and theming. Just the small things like the Alice in Wonderland walkthrough, which ends with an opportunity to look over the whole park Dr above. The random characters popping up unnanounced without the heaving lines of people to get a picture. The Aladdin walkthrough, and of course the Dragons Lair.

The one thing that perhaps let's it down ever so slightly is the people. Whilst there is nothing bad about the staff, you don't get that happy clappy American style enthusiasm and customer service. And of course the visitors in general, there's a fair amount of queue jumping and the French absolutely love an inappropriately located cigarette stop. They also seem to stand ridiculously close behind you in queues which gets annoying.

I always heard negative things about DLP but from my perspective we should count ourselves lucky we have this beautiful park just a few hours from the UK!

IMG_20180304_103341_zpsuahvwgz2.jpg

Last edited: