• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Disneyland Paris Trip Report 13-16 November

Zeock

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Is Wastelands Penitentiary (Tulleys Shocktober Fest) a ride? If not, my favourite ride is Nemesis.
Just on a coach on the way back from Disneyland Paris (school trip 😭)
Day 1:
8 hour drive from Kent to Chessy. Stayed in the B and B hotel.
Day 2: Day in Paris. Have to say that the Eiffel Tower looks much better in person than in pictures! Arc de Triomphe was nice too. Beware of aggressive and insulting scammers on the steps to Sacré Cœur. Went up Tour Montparnasse, which from the top provided very nice views of Paris.
Day 3: Disneyland Paris. First ride of the day was Crush's Coaster, which I queued for 85 minutes. The long queues were mainly a reason of the horrible throughput, which was around 400 pph. The ride itself was OK, the queue and the first couple of scenes on the ride were well themed but after the main lift hill, there was no theming at all, just a warehouse. The ride was fun, but it was less intense than fellow Maurer spinners Dragon's Fury and Spinball Whizzer. 6/10
Next up was Avengers Assemble: Flight Force. Waited about 45 minutes but the queue was entertaining so it wasn't bad to wait in line. The ride was really good, with the launch being strong, but of course not as strong as either Rita or Stealth. The layout after the launch was solid, with 3 inversions. However, there were multiple dead spots and the effects were slightly lacking. 8.5/10
After that was Indiana Jones et Le Temple du Péril. The theming was good and the inversion was solid. However, it was a bit jolty and there was a bit of headbanging. Despite this, I enjoyed it! 6/10
Phantom Manor came after. WOW. The effects were incredible, especially the lightning. The theming was sublime, and the throughput was enormous at about 1500 pph, which meant that the queue was walk on for much of the day. The only downside is the Omnimover system the ride uses. I prefer when you are alone in a haunted house, and everything is happening to you. However, this ride was incredible. Definitely puts UK dark rides to shame. 9.5/10
Big Thunder Mountain: Another utterly incredible ride. The queue is very, very well themed. The ride is incredibly long, with 4 lift hills. It is a mix of a gentle ride and a more thrilling one, with the outside being gentle (with a good amount of airtime) and the inside being more intense. This version looks better than the others because its main drop is enclosed compared to the others, which have their main drop outside. No real complaints. 9/10
Pirates of the Caribbean: Another amazingly themed ride. This is also very long, and has 2 drops. This ride must also hold the record for the driest log flume on earth, because I came off completely dry. The animatronics were incredible. 8.5/10
RC Racer: This ride is notable because I am pretty sure this is the only ride in the park which provides bag storage. The ride itself was decent, rather relaxing but not as themed as some. 6.5/10
Day 4: Morning in Disneyland Paris. First ride was Ratatouille. I felt that the 3d glasses worked well, and some people found it surprisingly scary in places. 7.5/10
The Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror. I assume it is called the Tower of Terror due to how terrifyingly long the queue is. Never going under an hour for the whole of Day 3,and consistently over 2 hours from 2:00 until 7:00 (close). When there is an established queue for the queue, you know that there is a problem. I waited 90 minutes for this, including the 10 minutes spent in the queue for the queue. The pre-show was good, introducing us to a show which almost no one these days has heard of. The theming was amazing, which is consistent among many of these attractions. The ride was very good, not scary despite its reputation amongst schoolchildren, but was fun and was packed with airtime. It also felt a lot more filled out than a standard drop tower like Detonator, due to the many high-speed drops and climbs, resembling Mystery Castle at Phantasialand. No gripes, except the queue. The mournful saxophone music in said queue was very good, and blended in well. 9/10
Star Wars: Hyperspace Mountain was closed for all of Day 3 and much of Day 4. Thankfully, I managed to get on it after waiting a meagre 20 minutes. This was really good, with the launch being surprisingly decent, and the layout after said launch being strong. My favourite part of the ride was the cutback. The effects were good. It is very hard to decide which is better: this or Avengers Assemble, but I think that this ride is very slightly superior. 8.5/10
The last ride was Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. The throughput was immense, at about 1600 pph! I liked that the third gen Omnimover system allows you to move the vehicle yourself using a lever. This ride is a shooter which doesn't detract the experience if you just want to look around: take notice Tomb Blaster! 7/10

Overall, Disneyland Paris was incredible!

Attachments

• IMG_20221114_135144.jpg
    IMG_20221114_135144.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20221115_114557.jpg
    IMG_20221115_114557.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20221115_132122.jpg
    IMG_20221115_132122.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20221115_134802.jpg
    IMG_20221115_134802.jpg