• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Do you hold a Merlin Annual Pass?

Do you hold a Merlin Annual Pass?

• YES

Votes: 51 69.9%
  • NO

Votes: 22 30.1%

• Total voters

Thomas

TS Member
Just thought I'd ask out of curiosity how many of us have annual passes? I've had mine since January, I brought it in the sale, then upgraded to a premium pass when I visited Warwick Castle. So far I've been to:

Alton Towers x4
Thorpe Park x1
Warwick Castle x1
SEA LIFE (various) x5
London Eye x1
Madame Tussuads x1

Also, if you have a pass, out of 5, how satisfied would you say you were with it?

I have a premium pass and have had some form of Tussauds/Merlin pass for six years! I have been on the edge of not renewing recently due to cuts/faff especially when they introduced the premium pass. :)

Yes, but it's questionable whether or not I'll renew in October - particularly to a Premium again. My visits have just veered off this year. I may be tempted to get a standard in January if there's a sale again.

With the Premium since I bought it, I have been to:

Alton Towers x 3
Thorpe Park x 1
Blackpool Tower (all excluding Jungle Jims and Circus) x 1
London Dungeon x 1
London Eye x 1
London Sea Life x 1
Scarborough Sea Life x 1
Warwick Castle x 1

I still need to visit Chessington for the first time ever, and also Lego land but that would just be for the sake of having set foot in there.

I'd like to go on the Weymouth Tower but that's unlikely as it's so far from where I live.

I'm a premium pass holder, but so far I haven't really benefited much compared with the standard pass. I do occasionally drive to Towers though and will be visiting fright nights so it's more for convenience than anything else.

My visit count so far in 2012 is:
Towers x10
Thorpe x9 (including 2 part-days)
Chessington x2 (1 part-day)
Legoland x2 (both part-days - one with Chessington, the other with Thorpe & Chessington)
LDC Manchester x1

For a total of 24 visits across 21 days

With my first ever MAP I've visited...

Alton Towers, once. (On the day I got it)

Erm, yeah. Not really been getting as much value for money as others have done this year have I?

This is my first year of not having a pass, and the worst thing is not getting to see everyone as much.

We have got a National Trust pass this year which worked out just under £25 for us both, after the discount we got, and its been fantastic value so far.

Ian

I've owned a Premium since very late July last year after getting an upgrade from Standard with useage being at least once per month. Going to keep it simple and go with January onwards:

Alton Towers x6
Thorpe Park x4 (inc. 2 part days)
Chessington x4 (inc. part day)

I hope to visit the London attractions at point, an annual trip must be done... or at least 3, and by college proxy my visits to Warwick Castle will be going up dramatically! :p

Been a pass holder for about ten years and upgraded to premium when it was introduced. Normally get about 15 towers visits a year, couple sea life's and the seal sanctuary as well... Then least one trip a year to Thorpe. When you consider parking is £6 a time at towers on my average attendance of 15 times A year that saves me £90 in parking alone plus all the discounts on merchandise and other such discounts. Lat year I worked out I'd had about £750 out of my standard pass. Not bad for £140 (renewal price and upgrade to premium for this year)

This year I'm well on track to break the £1000 worth of Visits/discounts on food/clothing etc..... Am I becoming obsessed?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I've owned a standard MAP since January of this year, and so far, I've done the following:
> London Aquarium x1
> Madame Tussauds x1
> London Dungeons x1
> Alton Towers x2
I may get a few more in, but I think I've saved more than the original cost of the pass now. :)

I own a Premium MAP, though I probably wouldn't if it wasn't a gift in ClubCard vouchers :p So far this season it's had

Thorpe x 1
Legoland x1
Towers x 8
London Eye x 1
Madame Tussauds x 1
Warwick Castle x 1

Last year I held a standard ATAP due to not driving, at it racked up over 30 visits in those 12 months :p

I also have a Premium MAP which for me is fantastic value for money, without it I would be lost. So far this year I have used it as follows:

Towers x 16 (not all full days on park)
Thorpe x 4 (2 part days)
Chessie x 1
Legoland x 1
Warwick Castle x 1
Birmingham SeaLife x 1
Blackpool Tower Dungeon x 1
Madame Tussauds Blackpool x 1

Yep, I've definitely got my money back! :p

:)

Been a MAP holder since they where Tussauds passes.

This year

Towers x10
Thorpe x1
Chessie x 1
London Dungeons x1
London Eye x1
Warwick Castle x1 (including Dungeons

Considering we are only half way through the year even if i had got BOGOF vouchers on each visit i have made my money back and some.

We have had premium passes this year :

Alton towers:15
Thorpe park:5
Legoland:1
Chessington:3(half days)
Dungeons
York:3
London:3
Edinburgh:1
Blackpool tower:2
Tussauds Blackpool:2
Tussauds London:2
And a few sealifes

I think we have def had our money back and still 3 months left.

I got my premium Merlin pass in December in the sale. And I have certainly got my moneys worth!

Alton Towers x 20 (However a large number of them have been quick visits after work :p)
Thorpe Park x 4
Chessington x 1
Legoland x 1
Sea Life x 1
Warwick Castle x 1

Thats way more than last year already I think :p

Mines just an Merlin Annual, got it on October 15th for an early birthday present

Thorpe Park X2
Alton Towers X2

Really just haven't been motivated to go to parks this year...

Nope, But I plan to get one between November and December of this year! :D

Nope, haven't had one since 2009.

I pretty much abused my first pass including all the London attractions (none of which are good enough to warrant a trip back) and getting bored of Thorpe and Chessie. I certainly didn't get my value for money on my second pass and after Saw's opening day I had no desire to renew it.

I've been alright without it since.

Last year was the first year I had a Merlin Annual Pass, but I had the standard. When I went for my renewal in March, I upgraded to a Premium just for the free car parking.

So far I've only done:
Thorpe x3
Chessington x1

Although I will be visiting the London Attractions and Alton Towers later on in the year. And of course I will be making re-visits to Thorpe and Chessington as well. :)

Hold both a Pleasure Beach and Merlin Annual Pass as the former is my favourite, and most of the people I enjoy going to parks with visit Merlin attractions on a regular basis.

This year is getting a bit tough financially however, so it may be the case I can only have one when they expire for the following 12 months. Definitely got my money's worth though after counting up money I would have spent on wristbands/tickets.

I don't have one :'( But thats just because my family work so much, and we only visit the towers about 4/5 times per year. But I've been planning that as soon as i've got my own car & job, I shall buy one and go to the towers a lot, and finally get down to Thorpe & Chessie!