• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

Matty

TS Member
All things Drayton Manor!

Excalibur closed!
Pirate Ride closing end of 2012 season?
Extension for Thomas land Planned?
New Coaster for 2013/2014?

To be honest I would hold your breath for anything planned above.

After going to a customer service talk there :p they addmitted they dont finalise anything months before parks open so its litteraly last minute descions.

Interesting fact did you know Thomas Land was intended to be Bob The Builder Land ;)

There definitely won't be a new coaster for 2013, if there was, we'd not only have seen planning permission by now but construction would have started. :)

It will probbably be another low invetment year. Possibly a Cartoon Network related 4D Film? Maby at a push the proposed Scooby Doo re-theme?

Judging what guests have been saying this year on how dead the park is i'd be supprised if it wasnt just a new 4D film to be honest, simillar to the Happy Feet year.

Well Excalibur has closed and wont be reopening!

Pirate Ride i have heard is closing end of 2012 season to make way for the Thomas land expansion.

As for a new coaster 2014 then? Its about time they had a new one!

Well Excalibur has closed and wont be reopening!
Whenever it did open it only shortly closed afterwards. The ride was riddled with problems. At this momment in time I think its the least of the parks concern.
Pirate Ride i have heard is closing end of 2012 season to make way for the Thomas land expansion.
I'd be very supprised if this happened next year as I'd gusse it would take quite a high budget also Thomas Land is fairly new. Theres no need to expand yet they need to concentrate on Cartoon Network Street first.

Drayton have confirmed that there will be a "one of its kind" coaster in 2014. There will also be a new flat ride on the site of the Black Revolver next year :)

JamesDLD said:
Drayton have confirmed that there will be a "one of its kind" coaster in 2014. There will also be a new flat ride on the site of the Black Revolver next year :)

Is this confirmed? Any proof? One of a kind sounds interesting to say the least and any idea if its a thrill or family flat?

Here's the original thread on CF (check Ian's post). I believe it to be authentic.

I don't know what type of flat ride Drayton are building next year, but I'm hoping for a thrill attraction of some sort (which is what Drayton desperately needs). A topscan is probably wishful thinking...

Zak said:
I'd be very supprised if this happened next year as I'd gusse it would take quite a high budget also Thomas Land is fairly new. Theres no need to expand yet they need to concentrate on Cartoon Network Street first.

The Pirate ride is in a poor state though, would need to invest money to keep it going which cant see them doing if they plan to scrap it in the future to make room for the Thomas expansion!

"Pirate Adventure, is almost certainly going to be removed and at least two new Thomas Land attractions will take it's place"

The thought of Pirate Adventure going still leaves me feeling down.

JamesDLD's wish for a Topscan gets a thumbs up from me! Ok they have a fairground vibe, but with a proper theme it could work. High capacity, high thrill. Expensive peice of kit for them at the moment I guess though.

For some reason i've got it in my head that 2014 will be the year for a woodie - although that's probably just wishful thinking.

Pirate Adventure is one of the few rides that appeals to me at Drayton along with Maelstrom and Poccy, so it would be a shame for it to be replaced by a few generic IP'd flats.

^ I think most people are expecting some sort of launch coaster now, but it would be awesome if Drayton surprised us and built a huge woodie.

Am I right in thinking that PA got some fort of TLC this season? Im sure I read somewhere it had some sort of new lights fitted and even ones inside repared? Surley re-themeing it to Thomas would be a HUGE job and not a small budget? Personally I wouldnt be supprised if they diddnt just spare a little cash spruce it up for once more season just to keep it going. I know they had alot of complaints about Excalibur due to alot of stuff working but afterall this is an indoor attraction.

After looking at the thread on CF and the flat ride thats been posted on there (the airplane one) it looks pretty cool and I think that would be a nice flat ride as it has loop-the-loop intergrated into it. It just depends wether or not Drayton want to continue with theme's down that side or the park.

The rumors of what the new ride is going to be seems to be either a lauch coaster or a woodie! Im not sure which one i would prefer, i do like lauch coasters but a woodie would also be great!

Maybe they could build both :p haha

I'd rather take the woodie. Something tells me Drayton won't hit the ball out of the park with a launched coaster. Whereas with a woodie, you can't really complain. Unless it is utterly diabolical.

^ Also with a launched coaster people will be comparing it to Rita, whereas there is not a woodie nearby to compare it to.

Drayton don't really have the type of budget to build an Intamin launch coaster. We'll probably see something like a Vekoma Booster Bike.

Deffo something similar to A Booster Bike. But apparently unique to the UK, so Velocity at FL rules out that specific model I guess.

Gerstlauer launch perhaps? :-\