• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Duel Data Dump

Doddy

TS Member
Hello. I've been looking through all of my alton towers photos and realised that I have none of Duel despite the fact that I love the outside facade and queue line. So I thought that I would make a thread for people to share photos/videos and music as way to preserve what may be changed in the future.

Using a quick "titles" search, we already have a dozen topics on the Duel ride, and another dozen on the Haunted House.
Another one won't do any harm I suppose!

Now that we know Duel is in the past, I wanted discuss a couple of things regarding the music.

This is the Haunted House theme tune. I never knew the ride so can only assume it is right and in full. Years ago I downloaded this which I believed played in the entrance hall. I was unaware it was an edit of the original Haunted House theme tune.

Over the years I have seen this track listed as various things, such as the Duel theme and Gloomy Wood theme. What officially is it? I’ve always known it as the Gloomy Wood theme, although I will admit in the early days of my visits I thought it was the Duel theme. When you walk between Runaway Mine Train and Duel, you can hear this playing softly.

Looking on YouTube, the fantastic Duel theme is one that wasn’t often heard. But am I right in thinking it was removed a few years ago to be replaced by another tune? I see other themes on YouTube I don’t recognise. I was last in the park in mid-2021 and don’t remember what was playing.

Now that we know Duel is in the past, I wanted discuss a couple of things regarding the music.

This is the Haunted House theme tune. I never knew the ride so can only assume it is right and in full. Years ago I downloaded this which I believed played in the entrance hall. I was unaware it was an edit of the original Haunted House theme tune.

Over the years I have seen this track listed as various things, such as the Duel theme and Gloomy Wood theme. What officially is it? I’ve always known it as the Gloomy Wood theme, although I will admit in the early days of my visits I thought it was the Duel theme. When you walk between Runaway Mine Train and Duel, you can hear this playing softly.

Looking on YouTube, the fantastic Duel theme is one that wasn’t often heard. But am I right in thinking it was removed a few years ago to be replaced by another tune? I see other themes on YouTube I don’t recognise. I was last in the park in mid-2021 and don’t remember what was playing.
The first bit of audio you linked was original haunted house audio, however I do believe in the last few years it was sometimes heard on Duel in the indoor queue line. But didn’t always seem to be on.

The second bit of audio I believe played outside duel and around the crypt, I’m guessing it probably played in the overflow queue line when duel opened, however I’m sure it’s not had any audio there for years!

And the final clip you linked is the original duel audio which played when the ride opened as Duel, it was changed a few years ago to the audio posted above by Simon Allen. The outside music and music from gloomy wood until forbidden valley was also changed at the same time.