• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2023] The Curse at Alton Manor

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
CATCF could have been problematic for them to sell due to the imagery being licensed and that license being expired. I know they've sold off branded uniform for Ice Age and what not but I expect that was rather more 'under the radar'.

Toyland Tours' scenery was sold en-masse, I think to a park in Asia?
CATCF was sold at charity auction on eBay. I own 2 Oompa Lumpas and a Nutty Squirrel as a result. Though condition might be a consideration. While my Oompa Lumpas are is good condition my squirrel came damaged which I'm guessing happened when being removed with its whiskers damaged and missing an ear I had to try and recreate

Last edited:
I'm sure there's a data protection breach in there somewhere, I thought you had to provide the purpose as for why you are collecting someone's personal data. Good old Towers/Merlin.

Good to see Duel finally closed. I suspect a lot of what's going to be happening will be kept under wraps until it re-opens next year, which will make that first ride all the more exciting.
It's a newsletter, just signed up myself.

I'm sure there's a data protection breach in there somewhere, I thought you had to provide the purpose as for why you are collecting someone's personal data. Good old Towers/Merlin.

Good to see Duel finally closed. I suspect a lot of what's going to be happening will be kept under wraps until it re-opens next year, which will make that first ride all the more exciting.
There’s nothing too naughty about this tbf, it says sign up for the latest updates.

It’s just a generic newsletter sign up form, there are terms and conditions stating what they wish to use your data for and you must consent. It’s just the same form that you will get taken to if you type your email in the footer and click next. (In fact it’s probably a really good example of GDPR done right. Many newsletter signups on sites just take your name and email and require no consent).

Coming from a digital marketing background, they’re probably not really arsed at the moment as the traffic to this page will be insignificant.

You’ll probably see that this page will change soon as they build it using the generic blocks as seen on the other attractions pages. 👍🏻

Last edited:
This whole Repossessed thing might actually work as a funny PR stunt during Scarefest. Perhaps you could have a live show outside the building in which ghosts and demons are all having a mock auction in trying to sell the house with the zombies being kept out and, in the end, turns out that the one who 'buys' back the house is Emily Alton! :p

Would be quite fun and certainly would help build up hype for the ride's return or perhaps they can do something like a wee video on Towers' social media platform could be released during the closed season to keep the hype built. Actually, it could be done as a parody of a house improvement TV show in which over several videos in the build-up for its reopening as little sneak previews of what is happening. Would all be a good spoof regardless though! :p

I like totally possessed my Dad.

Bill and Ted IP confirmed!

Sorry, everyone else was doing it.

Serious hat... I'm thinking same ride system, no blasters, possibly rethemed cars, new scenery, sets and lighting and a new sound track from IMA score.

I'm thinking a moderate budget. Providing this has more creative thinking than TWODW or DBGT it could be awesome.

Can creative and imaginative thinking with modest to moderate budget beat box ticking exercise with massive budget? (DBGT).

I think (and hope) it can,?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.