• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2023] The Curse at Alton Manor

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Repossessed by Patch, Franklin, Skelvin and Phil. (I love those characters).

Let's hope they don't follow the current Hollywood trend.

I don't want to see Emily Alton reimagined as a gun toting, karate kicking, wise cracking Mary Sue.

They have ruined so many classic franchises.

Repossessed by Patch, Franklin, Skelvin and Phil. (I love those characters).

Let's hope they don't follow the current Hollywood trend.

I don't want to see Emily Alton reimagined as a gun toting, karate kicking, wise cracking Mary Sue.

They have ruined so many classic franchises.
Yeah, so many so-called strong female characters who are not only mostly all the same and act like men but are all quite unlikeable. Yeah, I'm sure we won't see that with Emily though I feel she'll still be with the ride in some capacity.

Some new editions and theming for the queueline would be worth a shot if they are planning anything for that other than the ride itself. They have cleared much of it recently so I'd suspect we'll be seeing something for there.

I know it's been a couple of days, but I'm surprised that AT haven't put up an auction yet for any of the rides props as I bought they'll take long to remove them from the attraction, internally speaking. Bubbleworks did something very similar and sold loads of props, pieces of scenery and signage.

The problem is that would give an insight into what is and isn't being removed.

Unlike Bubbleworks where everything went, here it seems like some scenes might remain. They probably want to keep it under wraps so any auction might wait until next year, except maybe a few things like blasters, Duel signage or anything obvious like that.

I know it's been a couple of days, but I'm surprised that AT haven't put up an auction yet for any of the rides props as I bought they'll take long to remove them from the attraction, internally speaking. Bubbleworks did something very similar and sold loads of props, pieces of scenery and signage.

They have probably barely removed anything yet. It has been 2 days!! Do you honestly think people are sitting there where their only task is to auction props. Immediately putting them online seconds after their removal?!

Besides, as was said. If they want to keep what they are doing under wraps. Putting up an auction now will give some of that away, something I suspect they will not want to do.

Bizarrely, in a park full of abandoned food outlets and shops, on midweek days in September, in an area with no operating attractions, Spooks R Us remains open!
That is interesting… the barrenness in terms of stock and the theming being removed seemed to suggest that its closure along with Duel was almost a no brainer, but clearly not… I wonder why it’s still open?

They have probably barely removed anything yet. It has been 2 days!! Do you honestly think people are sitting there where their only task is to auction props. Immediately putting them online seconds after their removal?!

Besides, as was said. If they want to keep what they are doing under wraps. Putting up an auction now will give some of that away, something I suspect they will not want to do.
I was just saying because from what I've heard from others, literally after bubbleowkrs closed, they were already tearing down the interior theming, so I just assumed they are doing the same with Duel.

That is interesting… the barrenness in terms of stock and the theming being removed seemed to suggest that its closure along with Duel was almost a no brainer, but clearly not… I wonder why it’s still open?
Maybe it’s still open because there’s not really anywhere else in that part of the long walk from Katanga Canyon to Forbidden Valley to get any drinks/snacks etc? Can’t think of any other reason.

It didn't look very bare to me. Not much Duel merch granted, but even the (extremely friendly and enthusiastic HH fan) gentlemen working in there was filling up merch when I walked in to buy a Magnum. I didn't notice any theming had been removed?

It’s kind of alarming now that really you can only go on coasters if you only like permanent thrill/water/dark rides for adults. Both good dark rides are closed, flats are non-existent (discounting RS), too cold for Galleons, Rapids is a waste of time.

Hopefully this re theme is a return to quality.

I was just saying because from what I've heard from others, literally after bubbleowkrs closed, they were already tearing down the interior theming, so I just assumed they are doing the same with Duel.

If it helps, I tend to use the list of current job openings to give an idea of how quickly things are moving along. Currently they’re recruiting for techs, electricians, joiners, scenic artists, the list goes on. If all these positions are currently required but unfilled then it’s safe to say progress may be slower than expected until people can be recruited.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.