• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2023] The Curse at Alton Manor

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
29178381_425498847876803_6989146877157441536_n.jpg

This is one of the screaming heads refurbished in 2018 (source). Clearly, it wasn't in a 'great shape', so it's safe to assume most/all theming not touched since the Duel refurb or even The Haunted House opening will be in a similar or even worse condition than the above.

Towers have certainly got their work cut out, I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

Ouch, they did need some attention, although admittedly I absolutely hate that Blackpool-esque fluorescent paint they had coated nearly everything with

Nobody truly has any accuracy on the scope of repairs required and how it would cost. There’s a lot to do but certainly doable with the right approach.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unlikely tbh, more that duel is no longer an attraction at the park.
I'm mean there could be new posters there in the area DURING Scarefest. Obviously the ride won't be open by then, but I can imagine them trying to get guests excited for its refurb with more teasers and info being teased over the months during scarefest and the closed season.

I imagine the marketing will kick in for scarefest, saying new ride coming next year.
went past yesterday and theres definitely activity taking place in the building. Saw a contractor bringing pieces of walls out the building on it his digger, not sure where in the ride the walls would be from, but they certainly looked like they were going to a skip the way he was chucking them about.

I imagine the marketing will kick in for scarefest, saying new ride coming next year.
went past yesterday and theres definitely activity taking place in the building. Saw a contractor bringing pieces of walls out the building on it his digger, not sure where in the ride the walls would be from, but they certainly looked like they were going to a skip the way he was chucking them about.
Taking pieces of the shed round the back? Wonder if this means if they are taking out bits of the wall then that means access to the trommel tunnel and thus finally sorting it out?

Still, good to hear that they are already working away on it, thought it would be within the closed season, must be determined to get it ready for the new season and avoid any delays like with Smiler.

Where exactly was the wall taken from? If it was the wall facing the path near the car park, then my bet it's the trommel they're working on. If it's the wall behind the gate near the facade....

Oh god, I hope they're not removing the Grand Hall scene....

But by your meaning, the walls were from inside the building. Again, could be related to the Trommel, or even better, removing the walls the held the zombie finale together.

Last edited:
Ide like to see a different approach to it like a 2 in one ride opportunity keep the ride but as an addition to it a walk through haunted maze to accompany it basically upstairs haunted house experience and downstairs the ride
turn left for the ride and right to the maze sort of thing

Did the wall have its old target holes filled in with polyfilla by any chance? May have been why it needed a digger to remove it with all that extra weight.
That would make sense actually. But again, why fill it up with polyfiller if it's going to the tip? They could've just left it as it was, rip out the targets, and leave it like that.

They could be just replacing them walls that don't have holes in them for easier maintenance in the future.

That would make sense actually. But again, why fill it up with polyfiller if it's going to the tip? They could've just left it as it was, rip out the targets, and leave it like that.

They could be just replacing them walls that don't have holes in them for easier maintenance in the future.
Over My Head Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.