• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2023] The Curse at Alton Manor

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Are there rumours? Or is it just someone on the internet has just thrown an idea into the air whilst thinking out loud?

These are different things
Not sure, but it's definitely been more than one person talking about it. One of the people said they asked a guy on site, and that's what he said. Im not saying it's 100% true, but I guess that's floating in the air now :/

Last edited:
...who's Molly Crow?
Molly Crowe was the protagonist of a 2015 Scarefest maze, The Haunting of Molly Crowe. The maze only lasted for 1 Scarefest, and it apparently involved people walking around the maze in hoods following a rope while smells, noises and other stuff guided them around.

Or something along those lines, anyway… someone who actually did it could probably describe it better. I’m just going off of second hand accounts.

The storyline was to do with a little girl who died in the 19th century, and you were part of a team of paranormal investigators going in to exorcise her spirit, if I’m remembering the promotional material correctly…

I guess it would fit somewhat with the house and overall feel of the ride, but basing a 2023 dark ride retheme upon a Scarefest maze that briefly existed 7 years ago does seem a bit niche to me, so I’m a bit skeptical personally… I guess stranger things have happened, though!
EDIT - Here’s the maze synopsis from TowersStreet’s page (https://towersstreet.com/theme-park/attraction/the-haunting-of-molly-crowe/#the-story-of-mollycrowe):
This one-time appearance maze landed for Scarefest 2015 and took residence inside part of the Ruins. Billed as a multi-sensory scare maze, the story took you to the home of a young girl, Molly Crowe. One chilling night in late October, she was found in the cellar engulfed in flames, the air filled with the screeching sounds of inhuman origin. Her house now lies empty, but she is yet departed… be prepared for the unexpected!

Last edited:
Molly Crowe was the protagonist of a 2015 Scarefest maze, The Haunting of Molly Crowe. The maze only lasted for 1 Scarefest, and it apparently involved people walking around the maze in hoods following a rope while smells, noises and other stuff guided them around.

Or something along those lines, anyway… someone who actually did it could probably describe it better. I’m just going off of second hand accounts.

The storyline was to do with a little girl who died in the 19th century, and you were part of a team of paranormal investigators going in to exorcise her spirit, if I’m remembering the promotional material correctly…

I guess it would fit somewhat with the house and overall feel of the ride, but basing a 2023 dark ride retheme upon a Scarefest maze that briefly existed 7 years ago does seem a bit niche to me, so I’m a bit skeptical personally… I guess stranger things have happened, though!
EDIT - Here’s the maze synopsis from TowersStreet’s page (https://towersstreet.com/theme-park/attraction/the-haunting-of-molly-crowe/#the-story-of-mollycrowe):
I did it and thought it was a great maze. Very unique. You all had hoods over your head and all you could see was your feet or just a fraction in front of them, I think it was hands on shoulders and you had to follow a rope with your hands - like you did in the dark maze bit of Sub Species. For the most part it was in complete darkness too. As you moved through, actors brushed over your hands and touched your legs along with whispering in your ears through the hood. Also the usual air blasts and bangs for jump scares. I remember one bit where you walked onto a wooden floor area - not sure if you were meant to be walking through a cupboard or something. But it was the finale that stood out for me. You and your group were lined up against the wall and you took your hoods off. There was a room set up like a bedroom I think and there was a priest there along with an actress as Molly Crow. From memory, during the exorcism, she was hoisted up to the ceiling and across the room a bit on wires then the lights went out. Few seconds later they came back on and she was in the face of someone - like the bits in the tavern and Molly Lee in the Dungeon. After that, you were all told to leave the room and Molly Crow chased everyone out.

Could that be translated into a full 5 minute dark ride? I doubt it.

It was very unique, and was great to see Towers try something different - a little bit like The Invitation this year - yes it could turn out to be a bit of a cop out compared to a proper maze, but at least they are trying something different.

Had a chat with someone just now. They said they've spotted the rides cars this morning, all loaded on the back of a vehicle, about 1-2 miles away from the park.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.