• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2023] The Curse at Alton Manor

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
First rule of the internet :

People on the Internet LIE

All the time. Anyone who is privy to specifics of the refurb would also be likely to lose their jobs if they shared said info. Anyone could make an account claiming they know XYZ because it makes them feel superior. To say “I speculate this may be the case” doesn’t get you the same imaginary internet points as “being in the know”
No. It didn't suggest something in the usually accepted manner. It was just some random reply having a guess from a random person from a random website. You guys need to stop hero worshipping people who pull funny faces on Youtube. The internet is full of absolute bell-ends (like me, a bit), and you need to stop worshipping them.
I’m not saying that there aren’t some rumours that are ultimately proven false for whatever reason, because there certainly are.

However, I would say that as of late, there have been numerous examples of rumours that have had similarly spurious evidence to back them up being proven correct… so while I understand people’s scepticism, I wouldn’t rule this one out by any means.

I think it sounds like a very plausible theory given the evidence we have from the park.

It wouldn't make ant sense because the facade is a real looking house. It doesn't look anything like a dolls house.

My bet is on a modern version of The Haunted House, with new scenes and old scenes coexisting. John isn't involved with Nemesis' retrack, yet the speculation of him being involved with Duels refurb has been mentioned loads more and we still lassie a complete gutting and transformation??

I expect Emily (If she is involved) to be more like a promo brand/Character like Phalanx was for Nemesis on its last day with it's original track. She'll be around, but maybe not for long.

Whatever the outcome is, at least it won't be as minor as Duels 2018 refurbishment.

Yes and Pirates of the Caribbean doesn't look like it has a whole Town and Sea Front under all that façade but there we go I suppose?

People say why would you leak something are a bit naive....if you follow PL football and happen to be on twitter you will see that accounts get the team news before it's announced every single weekend.

We do live in a world where it's harder and harder to keep secrets. The internet and camera phones, amongst other things, have seen to that.

People say why would you leak something are a bit naive....if you follow PL football and happen to be on twitter you will see that accounts get the team news before it's announced every single weekend.

We do live in a world where it's harder and harder to keep secrets. The internet and camera phones, amongst other things, have seen to that.
I agree. I know people argue that it is easier than ever to make up unfounded lies and pass them off as rumours, and to an extent I guess that is true.

However, I’d argue that things posted online are now more likely to be true than they were a few years ago based on recent experience. That’s not to say that everything should be taken as gospel, but the accuracy rate of online rumours does seem to be increasing.

I’m not sure that it’s necessarily attributable to social media, but it does feel like “unfounded rumours” have grown more accurate in recent years, and it does also feel as though genuine insider information leaks a lot more these days, for whatever reason.

Look, if people want to share information they've heard that's completely up to them. In the same way, it's completely up to you whether to believe them or not.

However, can we cut out the repeated personal jibes towards people who do. Sensibly discuss and critique the information if you wish, or just completely ignore it and carry on with discussion. But this constant sniping toward individuals needs to stop.

Finally, just a reminder of our member expectations, namely:

Respect other members​

Please treat others how you wish to be treated. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and although things can get heated, avoid getting into direct arguments with others and ensure you contribute in a mature and sensible manner. If your behaviour is brought to the team’s attention, we might need to contact you to discuss further and/or edit or remove the problem posts. Repeat offenders may risk changes being made to their posting rights – and we wouldn’t want to do that!
And also the below:

Lucky enough to work in the industry?​

If you work in the theme park industry, especially at Alton Towers or Merlin Entertainments attractions, then please be aware that parks can and do monitor online communities such as TowersStreet. We welcome anyone to contribute, but it’s best to ensure before posting that nothing that you say can be interpreted as being representative of the park or company that you work for. It’s worth checking your terms and conditions of employment if you’re not 100% sure on your employer’s stance on employees posting on online communities.

I know something you don’t know…​

It’s very likely as you spend time within the enthusiast community that you may find things out that aren’t public knowledge. If you know something and it won’t cause issues for what you feel is a reliable source in revealing it, then by all means feel free to post about it. However please bear in mind that there could be reasons it’s not public knowledge and may get the source of your information into trouble, especially if they work in the industry. If in doubt, check with them beforehand!

If you have got some information and you don’t want to post it because it’ll get that person into trouble then it’s very simple – just keep quiet! Posts that simply allude to you knowing something without revealing that information just comes across as boasting to other members and add nothing of value to the discussion. As a result such posts are very likely to be removed by the team.

First rule of the internet :

People on the Internet LIE

All the time. Anyone who is privy to specifics of the refurb would also be likely to lose their jobs if they shared said info. Anyone could make an account claiming they know XYZ because it makes them feel superior. To say “I speculate this may be the case” doesn’t get you the same imaginary internet points as “being in the know”
I don't believe you...

I think the difference here is a football club has thousands of people working for it. Duel probably has a handful working on it.

Reminds me that it's transfer rumour season coming up soon.

The best/worst time for random dartboard based claims.

sounds like a terrible idea, many guests won’t “get” it. The British public don’t pay much attention to anything other than the most basic level of theming - in this case, scary house

I’m not really sure that they need to pay attention to it - the idea of the ghost of a little girl (which I’m fairly sure will be what this is about one way or another) is one of the most common ghost story/horror plots out there.

We’ll know it’s Emily Alton, as will anyone paying attention, but for those that don’t it will still work as a typical horror story (and it’s more to my taste than a random collection of horrors as per the original 92 house).

An original story inspired by the Haunted House is preferable to just turning it back into the Haunted House. The old ride was a product of its time, while it no doubt would still work today the addition of a narrative would be a good improvement.
We've seen with Piraten in Batavia that adding a narrative and point of view character makes the experience feel more meaningful.

Reminds me that it's transfer rumour season coming up soon.

The best/worst time for random dartboard based claims.
I hear Henry Hound is going to Thrope Park on a free transfer!

Are we thinking they will return the title to 'Haunted House' or something entirely new? I assume Dual as a name will go

I hear Henry Hound is going to Thrope Park on a free transfer!

Are we thinking they will return the title to 'Haunted House' or something entirely new? I assume Dual as a name will go
The Haunted House: Repossessed and The Haunted House: Curse of Emily Alton have both been mentioned previously. Whatever it is though, the Duel name will be consigned to history along with the blasters.

Can't just call it the Haunted House again, it needs something else in the name to differentiate it from the original 1992 ride.

I think that Haunted House: Repossessed is a good shout. By putting the Haunted House moniker first it signifies that the ride of in some way going back to its roots and the Repossessed part indicates that it’s some kind of new experience compared to its 1992 and 2002 iterations. It would be a good name, still fairly snappy and to the point.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.