• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Duel: The Haunted House Actually Strikes Back - Refurb Incoming

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Let the teasing begin... 🤣

20220906_182448.jpg
Well then, we did get something to announce the closure after all!
"Property Repossessed"

Must've been quite a hassle for Sir Henry to buy his house back in Shillings when in a modern world of Pound Sterling's and cards XD
Sounds like he got tax advice from Ken Dodd, only those over the age of 30 will get the joke! :p

I was very lucky to be on the last ever "official" coffin - after being on the first in 03 - I was in proper geek mode today. I wouldn't be fussed about many/any other rides; but I was Duel.

No-one barged or pushed, everyone was a bit excited but it was just a small bunch of nerds wanting one last ride on a classic. They closed the doors just after 4.05. The host was fantastic though - he understood.

Can't wait to see what they do with this. I just pray it's well thought out, detailed, and has a good soundtrack!

I was very lucky to be on the last ever "official" coffin - after being on the first in 03 - I was in proper geek mode today. I wouldn't be fussed about many/any other rides; but I was Duel.

No-one barged or pushed, everyone was a bit excited but it was just a small bunch of nerds wanting one last ride on a classic. They closed the doors just after 4.05. The host was fantastic though - he understood.

Can't wait to see what they do with this. I just pray it's well thought out, detailed, and has a good soundtrack!
I have a feeling the only major changes will be the lighting, sound effects, repainted parts, and new scenes in place of the Lab Finale.

On internal changes though, I can see the ride system being fully rewired, new computer system, new Speakers, and CCTV.

I’m guessing we’ll be getting a Shawn Sanbrooke vlog from today in due course, then.

It appears there was surprising demand for the ride in its final minutes! Was that a full queue through the indoor section that I could see?

And it was an absolute pleasure to ride it with you. Well done on the high score of the last coffin too!

To be honest, that was my favourite one of the two Simon Allen tracks. If that track is kept playing outside in Gloomy Wood, I wouldn’t be too bothered if the track changed within the ride itself.

The fact that the YouTube video description says “as a final goodbye to the 2018 version of the ride”, however, suggests that it might not be returning for 2023…

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.