• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Energylandia (Poland): New Coasters

Some new images of the train on the track courtesy of the park. The restraints appear to have had some padding fitted over the vests?

121290457_3395567297193043_7072594947931219213_n.jpg

121195904_3395567363859703_4273511295475163644_o.jpg
121222918_3395567447193028_5366529286267658344_o.jpg
121183003_3395567573859682_3857611730988637895_o.jpg

Another update from the park themselves. Shows that the attractions are pretty much done, but still lots of work to occur with the theming. Also, that junior boomerang looks rather bland and dull compared to the one the park already has...

Why does a park need the amount of junior coasters this place has? And 2 junior boomerangs is just silly. I don't get it. They could have done so much more with that money. Their dark ride offering is awful for example.

Hyperion, Zadra and this new coaster look incredible and those 3 alone are worth the visit easily. However it's a shame they haven't thought through the rest of the park very much. Half of it looks like fantasy Island or Mingoland by comparison to the newer themed areas.

Their first one isn't too bad; plus it was probably one of their better earlier attempts at theming. These newer designs however which are essentially just a forward/backward straight line with a few hops are dire.

This park is now one kiddie/family coaster off having the same amount Towers have coasters overall. In one way, it's great for the kids as it means they have a huge plethora of coasters to do as well as the adults. On the other hand, however, the vast majority of them are utter balls and the theming is falling apart.

They have some truly world class rides now at the park. However it still feels like they have gone with quantity over quality one too many times for me. 15 coasters on the face of it seems amazing but 8 or 9 of them are truly terrible right off the bat. So the European record means nothing.

Why have 6 or 7 average junior coasters when you could build 3 real quality ones?

Why go for an SLC when you're a brand new park with loads of money?

Why install one of those giant water coasters which are neither exciting or memorable?

They have got some things right (Hyperion, Zadra and this new coaster for 2021) but they have got a lot more wrong in my opinion.

Another update from the park themselves. Shows that the attractions are pretty much done, but still lots of work to occur with the theming. Also, that junior boomerang looks rather bland and dull compared to the one the park already has...

I like the look of this Vekoma Shockwave coaster and I hope the mine train will be good as the Boomerang looks bland and dull!

I hadn’t realised how much junk there was in comparison to the good stuff. I updated myself via RCDB the other day and was actually disappointed that the majority of their high coaster count feels like weak filler stuff.

This park is high up on my to do list, but I’ve now realised that half the stuff wouldn’t be worth more than a passing cred tick!

Also didn’t realise the themeing quality wasn’t great. Feels a bit like Rainbow MagicLand..?

I hadn’t realised how much junk there was in comparison to the good stuff. I updated myself via RCDB the other day and was actually disappointed that the majority of their high coaster count feels like weak filler stuff.

This park is high up on my to do list, but I’ve now realised that half the stuff wouldn’t be worth more than a passing cred tick!

Also didn’t realise the themeing quality wasn’t great. Feels a bit like Rainbow MagicLand..?
There are like 6 Vekomas and many pinfaris and way too many SBF Visas!

I didn’t even bother with one wacky worm whilst I was there, it’s just pointless to me getting “creds” when you have these two world class coasters to lap. It’s a good park in my opinion, that was in too much of a rush during its earlier years. It’s hard to see where they start first when it comes to upping the quality of the middle section of the park, You can see a pyramid to your left and then a a dragon to your right. it really just needs some more coherence in the pick a mix section that dominates most the park. But Seeing Zadra & “Dragon Zone” it only brings hope for the future as that really is a brilliant area.

It depends how they felt they needed to start.

They could've started with big areas like this and Zadra's area, but not been able to build up as quickly (and also lose out on grant money as a result of numbers not hitting targets).

So why not go for a solid(ish) foundation with lots of off the shelf rides and then allow for the bigger expansions once you have people (especially locals) hooked on the idea of a massive theme park? Certainly wouldn't be surprised if the earlier parts of the park are removed as time goes by (if the theming is cheap as well might be less cost in removal too).

I mean it's not like these comments were made when it first opened 6 years ago. Maybe Vekoma have done them an exceptional deal on coasters?

The place has done fantastically in terms of expansion, but from a thrill seekers perspective it’s just not a park worth travelling far for yet when 90% of the coasters look like total ass.

If they keep up the regular investment in coasters like Hyperion, Zadra & Abyssus though, that could change within the next 5 years.

The place has done fantastically in terms of expansion, but from a thrill seekers perspective it’s just not a park worth travelling far for yet when 90% of the coasters look like total ass.

If they keep up the regular investment in coasters like Hyperion, Zadra & Abyssus though, that could change within the next 5 years.

Hyperion and Zadra are worth the trip alone in my opinion, can’t wait to try abyssus next year. You are right about the rest being mostly tosh, some of it is laughable, So if it’s a multitude of thrill coasters your after then I agree with you, but you’ll struggle to find and better top 2 anywhere else in Europe.

They have enough other coasters that are worth doing once to fill out the day, plus a few decent if unspectacular water rides & flat rides if that's your thing. The central section of the park is a total mess though - they've obviously already re-jigged it a couple of times as you can see where old queue lines etc. used to be. They need to pretty much rip the whole lot out and start again though - it's far too densely packed in. The newer areas are less cramped and generally better presented but it remains to be seen how well they hold up - I remember the theming on the various Vekoma family coasters looking very tired 2 years ago, akin to (Rainbow) Magicland back in 2011.

I think comparisons to Rainbow Magicland are apt in that the park has a very thin veneer. However Rainbow Magicland at least has a layout which has had some thought put into it and flows much better for it.

The sheer incongruity of Energylandia is staggering. The wayfinding is terrible for this lack of planning. The new areas do address this to a degree although they still don’t integrate the rides into the area in a meaningful way. It’s possibly one of the most frustrating and cluttered parks I’ve visited. I do however have some faith that they’re trying to make it better.

If Energylandia hadn't started off the way it did I don't think we'd be talking about the park today. Building a new park from scratch is not easy and most of them fail within the first few years. Filling the park with cheap off the shelf models was a brilliant move because it meant:
- They could expand rapidly with no need for expensive R&D.
- The park very quickly gained a local market
- They could grow organicly as they figured out what the local demand was. Failure to do so is usualy what kills off master planned parks like Hard Rock Park.
- When they started building the big projects like Hyperion the park could already claim a large ride line up to make it a place people could justify visiting. Only the most die hard enthusiasts visit a park for 1 or 2 rides alone. Take the nearby park Legendia. It also has a great ride but most of the people here who have visited only did so because they could combine it with Energylandia.

Think of Energylandia's development model like a sped up version of Europa Park or Alton Towers. Alton in particular started off with cheap fair rides all over the place. But because the park was established it let Tussauds come in and start building major rides like Nemesis and Hex. Only then could they replace the fair rides (just a shame most of them were removed rather than replaced...)

Last edited:
Does anybody know what sort of yearly visitor numbers they get? When I was there all 3 days were quiet but I can imagine during summer it gets bigger crowds. Also they haven’t got an on site hotel yet (they are building one), only places like western camp resort & holiday park 10-15 minutes walk away.

Edit- I’ve just looked it up :tearsofjoy:. It was around 1.6m last year