• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Energylandia (Poland): New Coasters

It does look really good for the kids to be fair if it ends up anything like the concept art.

I really hope they finish off Aqualantis but I can't get my hopes up. After this new zone is done, the park would do well to basically flatten the area between the entrance building and Dragon and start again.

Work continues to progress on the area, with the mine train having now been landscaped.

259708402_913781576180887_5216212119653339598_n.jpg

259860304_913781439514234_6285992369391962280_n.jpg
259829207_913781536180891_3265497675073334786_n.jpg
259557129_913781556180889_7609305057146733579_n.jpg

Just back from a last minute £15 flight trip to Energylandia.

I've often wondered why more parks can't/won't operate their coasters during the winter season but I get it now - it's an absolute chore riding 200ft+ coasters in 0-1 Degree weather in the rain/snow.

Zadra is not fun when you can't open your eyes as it's so intense it ramps up the motion sickness, which I never usually suffer from. Even the comparatively tame Abyssus was a struggle.

Energylandia must have been operating at a massive loss yesterday. I'd estimate there were no more than 150, maybe 200 guests there all day. Pretty much every single ride was open, the main coasters with at least 4 ride staff in the stations. The restaurants and kiosks were mostly open mainly filled with bored looking staff. All of the parks mascots were out and about in Christmas outfits, accompanied by an army of Elves. There were 8 shows on throughout the day too.

Managed 10 rides on Zadra and Hyperion, 6 on Abyssus and 1 each on SNF Dragon and Mayan. Usually on Zadra they have to wait for a full train before dispatching but because it was so quiet they would send them in what seemed like 15 minute intervals and dispatch usually with 3 or 4 people on board. Fortunately they left the side gate open to save us walking around the whole queue. Hyperion were happy to let people stay on the ride but again would dispatch every 15 mins or so.

The weirdest and coldest day I've ever had at a theme park! Most of which was spent sat here...

IMG-20211206-113500075.jpg

And here...

IMG-20211206-175151173.jpg

The park never seems to be that busy from what I have heard. Even in the summer I have heard queues aren't too bad. Obviously not 150-200 people quiet but that's excepted for this time of year.

The Covid impact will definitely have not helped them but not sure the park are getting the gate numbers their ridiculous investments probably expected to get.

Last edited:
The park never seems to be that busy from what I have hard. Even in the summer I have heard queues aren't too bad. Obviously not 150-200 people quiet but that's excepted for this time of year.

The Covid impact will definitely have not helped them but not sure the park are getting the gate numbers their ridiculous investments probably expected to get.

Build it and they will come

The park never seems to be that busy from what I have hard. Even in the summer I have heard queues aren't too bad. Obviously not 150-200 people quiet but that's excepted for this time of year.

The park definitely gets busy (particularly in the summer) but does a relatively good job at handling this. The sheer quantity of rides they have, regardless of quality, helps to evenly distribute queues. The massive size and ambition for area growth continues year-on-year, so the pathways have no difficulty in handling the footfall. In addition, the number of eateries around the park also means getting food and drink isn't necessarily a chore.

The longest we queued at the back end of summer on the last visit was around 40-45 minutes, and the park extended its opening hours as well. There certainly are busy periods, but it does a remarkable job in distributing guest flow to keep the park from feeling claustrophobic and rammed to the rafters.

It's a shame the numbers appear to be so little for this Christmas event; not the first review I've read over recent days citing small guest figures. Obviously an enthusiasts wet dream for ride count, but blistering through Hyperion's splash down on a summer's day is torturous enough. The idea of doing it in arctic temperatures with rain or snow is not appealing in the slightest.

@Danny Hyperion's aggressive splash was turned off thankfully.

When I went last summer the park was heaving but queues for the main rides were minimal. The water park seems to be very popular which soaks up a lot of the crowds.

One of the best days I've ever had at a theme park was at Lisberg when it snowed for half the time we were there. We had about 10 rides on Helix, after dark with the snow falling down around us. Magical!

Obviously it was quite cold, but it wasn't windy, which I think makes quite a difference. I think rain is a lot worse than snow. Getting wet is never fun, but getting wet when it's really cold is very miserable. Even if it stops raining, once you're wet you're not going to dry off.

I had planned to book a trip over next weekend. Fly out Sat, visit the park Sun and fly back Mon morning. But glad I held back now the new testing rules have been introduced.

I had planned to book a trip over next weekend. Fly out Sat, visit the park Sun and fly back Mon morning. But glad I held back now the new testing rules have been introduced.
I had no idea about this until reading it in the paper whilst on the flight out to Krakow! Was due to fly back on Tuesday evening but landed and booked a flight back to Stansted for Monday evening instead to avoid the testing faff. Only cost £4 for the flight luckily.

In my mind, not hilarious, just tragic.
Limited carbon based resources being thrown away for long distance needless recreational weekend trips, at an unrealistic, unsustainable cost to the planet.
All for four quid...wicked.

Hyperion's splash was off in September. Makes sense now why it tries to launch you into the brakes as it's built to combat that.

@RicketyCricket @IDB
This has probably been asked before, but where do you stay for the day visit and how do you get from the airport to the park? How much Polish do you need to know?

I've seen TPWW video on it all, just wondered if there is better options than uber & tent wagons.

@RicketyCricket @IDB
This has probably been asked before, but where do you stay for the day visit and how do you get from the airport to the park? How much Polish do you need to know?

I've seen TPWW video on it all, just wondered if there is better options than uber & tent wagons.
There are a few apartments around Zator within walking distance of the park.

Uber is not the only option, there are daily shuttle buses to and from Krakow and Katowice.

Regarding the cheap flights, I will continue to use these wherever possible for the foreseeable future regardless of any moral debate. It's a privilege to be able to explore an entire continent all year round at affordable prices, especially in my situation where living costs are constantly on the rise but wages very much remain the same.

...and stuff the planet generally.
But hey, all those creds.
It is time aviation fuel was taxed proportionately, like Blair suggested all those years ago.

If other methods of transportation were suitably priced and run sensibly to reduce the number of flights that would be a good start.

That said, getting to such a place in half the time as a train or car will always be preferable.

It's the cost that is a disgrace.
Thousand mile journey, four quid, zero logic.
After all the hot air in Glasgow, aviation fuel needs proper taxing, and other forms of transport improved to compete.
The fact that the cost is so low you can do it several times a year for peanuts simply increases the burning of scarce, planet heating resources, for recreational use.
We should be decreasing such use, not encouraging it.
Plane crazy.