• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Energylandia (Poland): New Coasters

Surely it physically can't be overly rattly? At that speed it would be unbearable.

Has anyone done skyrush? Thats pretty smooth is it not?

I305 was fine when I rode it in 2011, however I am looking forward to seeing how it has aged when I ride it again in August. I woulnd't be too concerned about this, I doubt it will be as refined as a B&M but it will be fine!

:)

It was early on, I don't know about now.

My faith in Intamin is fairly rock bottom. They are so inconsistent.
When Intamin get it right, they're the best in the world. But yes inconsistency is a real issue for them.

It's not just the roughness - they also seem to suffer with longer periods of downtime.

If I were running a park I'd always go with B&M as you get that glass smooth finished product, but also they're low risk in the long term.

If I were running a park I'd always go with B&M as you get that glass smooth finished product, but also they're low risk in the long term.
If there's a directly comparable product, then I agree. But there are plenty of ride types B&M don't do. You couldn't go to them for a multi launch coaster, or a woody for example.

Wish I was able to ride it this year. Looks about as close to Skyrush as you'll get in Europe.

Love how the turnaround is actually an airtime hill in itself and that speed isn't wasted as it is on all the B&M hypers. Looks excellent to be honest, perhaps even a rival to EGF?

Strange that this has a chain lift as opposed to one of Intamin's stupidly fast cable lifts.

Looking good, although for a mounted POV it looks and sounds very rattly.

My god, the speed it hits the brakes at! What a waste!
The rest looks good though.

I'd assume the chain lift requires less maintenance than a cable lift, and is probably more reliable too.

The ride does look great, and I think it ends about when it should, though a couple more elements would be nice. Hopefully the rattle is due to the camera not being mounted properly, which has happened on other POVs. :)

Looks good, looking forward to giving it a spin...

With Millennium Force Intamin claimed that that the cable lift was necessary for reliability and in order to operate a three train service. I'm not convinced...

Stuff changes over time. When building Superman - The Escape, they claimed they needed to use a wheel the size of a child to hit 100mph but changed their minds before long.

Hyperion opened today, here's a video showing some of the queue line and station as well as the ride.

Have to say the theming looks very well done. :)

Some of the queue theming looks brilliant! Really looking forward to hearing some reviews of this coaster as it has the potential to be one of the best in Europe.

An employee has sadly passed away after being struck by a Hyperion train:

Man died in dramatic roller coaster in Poland

In a tragic accident with a roller coaster in Poland, a 37-year-old man died. It concerns an employee of amusement park Energylandia. He was hit Thursday night by a train from Hyperion, the highest and fastest mega coaster in Europe. This confirms the Polish police to regional media.

Probably the employee tried to grab a mobile phone that a visitor had lost. Then he was hit by the carts of the 77 meter high roller coaster. A resuscitation attempt could no longer benefit. The victim died on the spot.

Hyperion was officially opened last month . The 1450-meter-long roller coaster from the Swiss manufacturer Intamin achieves a top speed 142 kilometers per hour . Energylandia, opened in 2014, is the largest amusement park in Poland. There are a total of twelve roller coasters.