• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Energylandia (Poland): New Coasters

Aqualantis

70486575_434627717178770_3073391477900967936_n.jpg

5 inversions

3 tunnel

Height: 45 meters

Top Speed: 100 km / h

Length: 1.320 meters

Opening date: April 6., 2020

I'd say so. The theming and quality levels since Hyperion have really started to be ramped up.

From a marketing point of view, opening a massive new coaster 8 months after another massive new coaster is stupid.

They should spread these huge investments in order to maximise marketability over an extended period.

From a marketing point of view, opening a massive new coaster 8 months after another massive new coaster is stupid.

They should spread these huge investments in order to maximise marketability over an extended period.
It was mentioned a few pages back that the park is receiving a large part of its funding because it's a new venture. In a few years time the park will become established, at which point the funding stops.
So it's a case of if they don't spend the money now they lose it!

It's hard to believe this park is still considered an upstart when it's only a few additions off gaining the record for most coasters in a single park. Personally I'd have reclassified it the moment Hyperion opened and it got global attention.

Totally agree but it is good for the visitor. Maybe there is a time limit on funding as mentioned. Personally I can't wait to go next year in lieu of our annual towers pilgrimage. The more new attractions open the better.

2020 is the last year they can open investments which are partially funded by the EU in their current agreement. After that, they can still apply for funding, but it will be harder to get and likely less, because they'll be classed as established. So they have to just pile it in now whilst they can.

They still have a strong financial backing and a secure plan for the future, but obviously if they can spend less they will.

I am starting to wonder if the endless tosh they added in the first few years will eventually be removed.

Yes, it will. That is part of their long term plan. For now, it is easier to simply expand the park, and increase the physical size of the park, so when they do renovate the fairgroundy area, it causes less problems.

And then they still have a huge amount of land available to them; pretty sure they can easily double or even triple the physical size of the park if/when they want.

So ultimately, WE are paying for all this through the tax money the EU steals from our pockets?

Bring on the 31st.

No more than French / German etc taxpayers money is being "stolen" and used to fund EU investment here (an awful lot of investment in universities is funded by the EU).

Besides, I would have thought we could all get on board with a tiny fraction of a penny of our money being spent on a decent new theme park that's dirt cheap to visit.

So ultimately, WE are paying for all this through the tax money the EU steals from our pockets?

Before you start parroting any more Daily Express headlines, some facts.

Energylandia has had about £14 million in grants over a number of years, according to its website. When you consider the EU’s annual budget is about £145 billion, it’s really small beer.

The whole point of these grants is to stimulate a particular sector of the economy (in this case, tourism) to create jobs and improve living standards. Poland is not a wealthy country - that’s why so many Poles took the opportunity to move to the UK when they could - but in the last decade, wages have improved significantly. Projects like this help with that - and you’d have thought Brexiteers opposed to mass migration could get behind investment that increases the likelihood of EU nationals returning to their home countries.

In terms of the UK taxpayer subsiding ‘all this’, our government also spends tens of millions of pounds on (arguably far less worthwhile) tourism projects:

https://www.visitbritain.org/discover-england-fund

Two councils got money to package up luxury horse racing breaks, for goodness sake.

Jesus wept. Is there anywhere I can go where Brexit doesn’t somehow get brought up? I thought nerding out over theme parks was a safe haven...

Anyway, if their subsidies do run out in 2020, does that mean we can expect at least one more coaster before the year is out? Perhaps a Mack or B&M? Both of which seem to be conspicuously absent.