• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Energylandia (Poland): New Coasters

Glad they've gone with enclosed gondolas, I was absolutely terrified on the one at Legendia. (had to enforce a no spinning rule prior to boarding)

I believe the EU funding has all gone now so I wouldn't expect many more years like this tbh. Luckily for them they don't need any more new rides for a while though so they can spend whatever budget they have sprucing up the tatty stuff hopefully.

I’d imagine the investment caused by the EU funding may well have generated a fair amount of non-EU money that the park can use; from what I can gather, Energylandia’s visitor figures have risen fairly sharply (they’ve been over 1 million for a few years now, and I think they may possibly even have exceeded 1.5 million and started closing in on 2 million in 2019), and trip reports suggest that the park is often pretty busy, so I don’t think we have a Hard Rock Park-type situation here where the park isn’t attracting guests and can’t fund itself on its own.

From what I can ascertain, Energylandia will have no trouble being a self-sufficient park. They get fair guest figures, and the initial EU funding really got the park going in a big way.

It can certainly be self sufficient, but the sheer scale of investments will not be as prolific. We certainly won't be getting a major coaster every year.

Think it would be dead funny if that's it now, they don't build anything for the next twenty years. Eventually, Looping Group purchase it at a low price from a consortium split between a Polish far-right autocracy, Deutsche Bank and the six remaining states of the EU. Seeing the park's inland location as an advantage now that Pleasurewood Hills is largely underwater, they immediately invest in some glamping and a relocated Cannonball Express. Their initial dream to install a Vekoma Junior Boomerang is scuppered upon realising that the park already operate four.

A snowy POV for the mine train (obligatory looks slow):

And images of the new area:

272914706_4383742408394484_7233898483227693538_n.jpg
272901983_4383742388394486_8675930562320771450_n.jpg
272989028_4383742411727817_5825296187730850984_n.jpg

Hello! Would anyone who’s been to Energylandia via public transit be kind enough to shed some light on how to get there from any of the nearby airports? My partner and I are thinking of it for July but can’t make and sense of it via Google maps :eek::confused:

I flew into and out of Katowice. You may be able to search my past posts. Can’t remember if I wrote about it. If I didn’t I caught the local bus from the airport into Katowice and then there’s a shuttle bus that runs from there to and from the park. You can probably to the same from Krakow airport. It was all very simple (and inexpensive)