• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Enterprise to be changed for 2013

owen1984

TS Member
Enterprise is to be changed/replaced for 2013.. X-sector will go through 2 major changes during this closed season with the addition of SW7 and a new flat ride that will change or even replace enterprise

Re: Enterprise to be changed for 2013

Could you perhaps cite your sources of information? Otherwise its unlikely to generate much discussion, as people may well doubt you.

If you have direct contacts in the industry, you don't need to name them, it'd just be nice to add a bit of background to your post :).

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

I have seen comment on this over on TTF, with images of parts.

The Question is, are these replacement parts for old and worn bits or a new ride.

I don't know why there's speculation that the ride experience will be completely different - the pictures just show exact replicas of the current parts, however painted black (presumably to fit in with SW7 and hopefully Oblivion's 2013 colour scheme). There's nothing to suggest that it's anything but a slight refurbishment.

The images on TTF do show what seems to be replacement parts for Enterprise, however they do appear to be slightly different. Whether this is just an updated design however, who knows.

If anything they will just replace the circular part in the centre by painting it black and putting the SW7 logo on it perhaps to fit in with the spinning theme...

I don't really see what change you can make to enterprise! The ride experience is based of the forces from the spinning wheel holding you in place. It's about as simple as a ride can get! I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work if it went backwards for example.

These mysteriously new parts are the parts or the carriages or mechanical bits? It seems more likely that they will just give it a slightly new look to fit in with SW7 in much the same way it was changed when it was originally moved to X Sector.

The pictures show entirely new parts as the pictures were supposedly taken when Enterprise was still operating. They're probably just replacement parts but its nice to see attention being given to X Sector either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Enterprise is not being replaced, they are merely getting some new parts for it as part of a cycle of maintenance for the ride.

Oops, just realised I posted a thread on this topic. But I am sure that it will just be a refurb because the marketing team would have advertised the living daylights out of this by now.

Nothing is replacing Enterprise, it's getting refurbished, try not to believe everything you read owen1984!

hi this is my first time post. the Enterprise is a favorite of my grandsons and its a ride we both like going on i rem it at Blackpool many years ago which would go forward then stop then go in reverse , it would be sad to see it go but i hear there is a new replacement Enterprise that will tie in with the sw7 themeing which i am looking forward to seeing ::)

I wouldn't be too worried. Reports seem to simply be saying that Enterprise will be receiving new parts and a spruce up for the new season so it can last for the future! It isn't going anywhere yet!

Welcome to the forums too :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Hi mixer, welcome aboard! :)

You needn't worry; the ride'll be there for next season same as ever! It's common practice for new parts to be brought in as part of a ride's standard maintenance - I believe the ones in the picture that got everyone momentarily flapping have been waiting for installation a while!

Perfect opportunity for Alton to slap the 'eye' of the SW7 logo in the centre to make a spiral effect as it is nestled at the base of the SW7 site.