• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Etnaland, Sicily

Hi,

Has anyone ever tried visiting Etnaland without a car? It seems that there is no public transport and the park is open from 7:30pm-1:00am in the summer.

Is there a taxi rank outside the park? Are taxis likely to be available at 1am when the park closes?

If anyone has visited this park, I’d be keen to know the best way to do this, as nobody in our group of three is that keen on driving in Sicily.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Same thing with me. It seems the best way without a car is to take the train and then do a 30 minute walk.

With opening times like that, wouldn't you be better off finding somewhere local to stay overnight?

The nearest town is Catania which is a 30 minute drive. This park is literally in the middle of the desert, by the looks of Google Earth. It does seem as if taxi is the best option, albeit a very expensive option, and with the park closing at 1am, I don’t really fancy walking through the desert to get to a secluded train station. It looks like a great park but access is terrible!

I looked into this last year and ended up hiring a car in the end.

As the park was so quiet I left after I did all the rides and drove up Mount Etna and took the cable car to the top and then made it back to the park for more rides later in the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We got a taxi from Catania. I can't recall how much it cost but as I recall it wasn't heinously expensive.

It was pretty quiet when I went. So quiet when I went on Vortigo the ride op ran it in manual and told me to cross my arms when I wanted the ride to stop

The school themed dark ride and standing cable car are worth doing as they are so weird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro