• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Europa Park | July 2019 Trip

Jambo

TS Member
Hi all,

I'm recently back from a 2 day trip to EP and thought I'd outline some points of interest from the trip.

• We flew direct from Edinburgh to Baden Baden/Karlsruhe which Ryanair operates on a seasonal basis. It's a great trip as the flight leaves on Friday morning and then back on Monday so gives you a full weekend to explore. If anyone else is travelling from Scotland this is the easiest/cheapest way
  • We spent one night out-with the park and one night in. We stayed at the Domero Hotel next door to Bell Rock. It wasn't the cheapest (£145 for the night) and on the website said it was close to EP. In theory it is, but you can't access the Park through the hotel entrance so you need to drive (or 25min walk) to the main entrance. Just flagging incase people have booked/plan to do the same.
  • If you fancy breakfast at the EP hotels you can turn up and pay on the day. This is a nice feature that allows non residents to experience the park in a certain way. We had ours at Bell Rock due to the proximity off our hotel.
  • The Can Can Coaster was a bit of a let down. The queue line is brilliant but if you are a single rider you do miss a fair amount of it. The coaster has slowed considerably and the theming is so sparse. More like a family coaster now which is a shame.
  • Some of the staff weren't up to speed on the Kronosar bus arrangements. We asked at the Colosseo (where we were staying) and were told to wait outside when in actual fact it is across the road at the bus stop.
  • The bus to Kronosar from the hotels is considerably longer than the return journey. The way to Rulantica is odd as you have to drive past it, then loop around onto a slip road and come from the waterpark side. I get why they do this as it is showing the site but it's a much longer route than the way back as you turn immediately onto the road back towards EP.
  • Although advertised as a full service restaurant, Bubba Svens does now over a buffet service. Judging by the layout, 90% was buffet and 10% was Al a Carte. They seat you in a different area and as we were one of only two tables on the Al a Carte menu it was weird being in such a big empty space. Don't get me wrong the food was stunning and the theming of the place is brilliant.
  • As we were leaving early on the Monday and missing breakfast, EP prepared us a lunch box which was great. It was themed in an EP treasure chest. Lovely touch.
All and all a great/quick trip to EP. Still the best theme park we've been to but a few teething problems need to be ironed out before everyone comes down to visit Rulantica.

Last edited:
Can Can has improved greatly since December. The trims were doing very little in May. The thing is it's no longer rough, which takes some of the wild sensation away.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk