• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Mini Meet EuropAventura - New Year 2016

BigAl

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Forbidden Journey
I very much enjoyed celebrating the start of 2015 with a few days at Europa Park and would love to do the same again. Is anyone else interested?

Last time a few went just for Europa Park, others for Disneyland Paris beforehand, though it has transpired that we may instead be going to PortAventura first. Currently I'm looking at flying from Manchester to Basel on Tuesday 29th of December, then heading back on Friday 1st.

Dates are yet to be confirmed, though we're looking at between December 27th and January 3rd. Those only interested in EP should consider December 1st or 2nd for the two cheapest flight options.

Flights are cheapest (currently) from Liverpool or London to Barcelona for the PA leg, Barcelona to Basel for EP, then either Basel to Manchester or Strasbourg to (depending on what's most convenient for you) for flying home. It's possible to fly to Reus from Manchester or Stansted (which is more convenient and may be cheaper) but prices are not currently available.

Accommodation will again be outside of the resort/s, within walking distance of the park entrance/s.

For EP alone will be £350 minimum; EP + PA together would be £550 minimum, and that would fill a week. Prices are for transfers, flights, accommodation, spending (€50 a day average), excluding park tickets. For those also doing the July Kermis event and without an EP annual pass, it's worth considering one (grants a day free in Efteling, Phantasialand and PortAventura) for both these two events.

Hopefully this time it will be a tad warmer so that we get a go on Blue Fire too, though we had a fantastic time without it at the previous event. There will be plenty of food, drink, shows, decorations and family attractions available regardless! With PA in the mix, this event may even be better than the last?

Sooo....

EP_Winter.jpg

portaventura_salou_tarragona_christmas02_680.jpg

Those interested so far:

BigAl (obviously )
Alastair
AstroDan
TedTheHuman
mobius91
AshleeKel
Niques + her other half
Rob
DiogoJ42
EuroSatch
Simon
Dan!
Spike
John
Sam
Danny
Rowe
Cheese

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in but not these exact dates as I may tie it in with another park or sightseeing prior.

Also I am not a fan of returning on New Year's Day.

I usually book flights in summer. It's just too early for me to sort anything yet.

:)

Only reason I'm looking now is because of how cheap the flight and hotel combined is! :p Also the dates are based on the cheapest flights available (from anywhere in the UK). It's expensive to fly over a day later and it's even more expensive to fly back a day later too. :/

I've been saving up for a trip to Europa, so I'd be interested in going there for new year's! :)

Possibly a little bit early to book but definitely looking to go, which flights and accommodation are you looking at?

Manchester to Basel on Tuesday 29th of December, then heading back on Friday 1st. As for accommodation, people just booked wherever they could find at the last NY trip, so long as it's within walking distance of the park entrance. There are a fair few places to stay though so it's down to what you want, really. :)

I have just had a discussion with John re: New Year and we have tentatively considered a trip to PortAventura and Europa-Park.

Possible dates:
26/27.12 - Travel to Barcelona
27/28.12 - PortAventura
29.12 - Travel to EP (flight Barcelona - Basel)
30/31.12/1.1 - EP
2.1 Fly home

But I will not be booking anything for a number of months yet!

Certainly want to do EP this coming winter season so I shall be interested in a trip around this time. As Dan says though, a long way off to be thinking too much about it right now!

With PA included it'll take the trip up to a week. I reckon we'd be looking at around a minimum of £550 for flights, accommodation, transfers and spending (park tickets excluded). EP alone would be about £300 less.

This is all based on the best flight configuration for Liv to Bar, Bar to Basel, Basel to Manc.

Last edited:
Far too early for me to say, but I can't think of anywhere better to see in the new year. :)

As ever, I'm very much up for the annual EP new year trip, and I'm just about ready for another PA trip too

I'm certainly in to this, especially doing PV (as I've never been, although I was thinking of going there next year when Fast Car Land opens).

Tempted, though I didn't really want to go back to PA until they open their new coasters...

Have agreed with Simon that we would probably rather do PA a different time than at Xmas, however we are definitely 100% up for EP!

Will see how my finances stand after the Kermi. I'd be up for this if they are in a happy place.

Updated the top comment. Everyone interested is down (17 and counting) and I've added the provisional dates as well as some flight details and price estimates.

Just checked the PA site and "hotel roulette"* with park entry is currently €413 for 4 adults from 27th-28th Dec. This includes breakfast and 2 days park entry and is therefore an absolute bargain! Adding an extra night (26th) would increases the cost to €690, but would allow more flexibility with flights and transfers to the resort as we wouldn't be going on-park the day of arrival. I suspect the best option would be to travel out on the 26th and stay locally, moving into the resort the next day.

*Hotel roulette means you don't get a choice of hotel in return for a slight reduction in price, the cheapest room booked directly is €455.

Last edited: