• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Exclusive – 'The Smiler' themed rooms for 2013

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.

Craig

TS Administrator
From TowersStreet News:

Exclusive – SW7 themed rooms for 2013

Alton Towers Resort have exclusively confirmed to TowersStreet that in addition to the 2013 new ride codenamed ‘SW7′ (Secret Weapon 7), the resort hotels will also be getting in on the action with two new themed rooms based around the new ride.

Planning documents for the ride, the theme of Scarefest maze ‘The Sanctuary’ and the mysterious Ministry of Joy featured within suggest that SW7 will resemble a dark and sinister ‘correctional facility’. The ‘smiler’ face logo and Twitter hashtag #getcorrected have featured heavily in the resort’s promotion of the new ride over the past few months. It’s presumed that the theme of the rooms will continue on from this planned theme of the rollercoaster.

The addition of the new rooms will mark a welcome return of themed accommodation for the resort’s thrill rides after more recent family focussed themes such as Ice Age, Pirates and Sonic the Hedgehog. There are currently 10 theme rooms in the Alton Towers Hotel of many different styles, along with pirate themed and new for 2012 Ice Age rooms at the Splash Landings Hotel.

Those familiar with the previous themed rooms and suites at the resort will know that this isn’t the resort’s first foray into room themes aimed at the thrill market. Previous rooms have included the Oblivion room which was rethemed in 2006, and the Nemesis room which closed in 2004 .

Great news to have some thrill targeted rooms on resort again :D

Re: Exclusive – SW7 themed rooms for 2013

Imagine trying to sleep in the room with all those faces (if there are any) looking at you! :eek:

Smashing news!

I've always felt that, since the re working of the Nemesis and Oblivion rooms, the hotels have been lacking in terms of offerings ride wise. Unfortunately the Pirate and Sonic rooms don't cut it in my eyes :)

Excellent news! ;D

I wonder if these will be available for opening... :p

Jonathan said:
Excellent news! ;D

I wonder if these will be available for opening... :p

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't do a competition where you get to stay in these combined with riding SW7 first, much like they did with the Th13teen marketing :)

Are the SW7 rooms opening instead of any other themed room, or are they rooms which weren't previously themed?

Exciting times, and I can't wait for the other exclusives!

Who needs a helicopter?

I'd assume like all the current themed rooms were created, the SW7 rooms will just be generic ones gutted out and re-themed. :)

Currently Alton Towers haven't got to the point where any of the current themed rooms need to be removed. Although in some cases they do remove some themed rooms just generally due to lack of demand. In this case though I'd guess some generic rooms will be used.

Good news, makes a change from adding family themed rooms, though I fully understand why most themed rooms have a family theme. I wasn't expecting this news at all either so that's a plus!

:)

Something I didn't expect to happen but it's brilliant :)

I think this is fantastic news... It shows how the park clearly want to market SW7 in the biggest way possible and I think that the theme surrounding the ride would make for some epic rooms! It's a wonder they didn't ever do this for Th13teen too though - as I think the Dark Forest theme would make some good rooms too.

Well.....

SW7 is linked to the sanctuary, right? So then these rooms should reflect the theme of a clinic with a sinister twist. Are they trying to create a hospital themed room? Really only appealing for enthusiasts and maybe a few trip reviewers and press members. I am really not convinced.

On the other hand, NEMMY ROOMS PLEASE!

queenofspeed said:
Well.....

SW7 is linked to the sanctuary, right? So then these rooms should reflect the theme of a clinic with a sinister twist. Are they trying to create a hospital themed room? Really only appealing for enthusiasts and maybe a few trip reviewers and press members. I am really not convinced.

And if they are your thoughts on SW7 rooms, Nemmy themed rooms would appeal to a wider range of people why exactly?

I'm sure there will be plenty of people wanting to stay in these SW7 rooms, so long as they are marketed correctly. Everyone is going to be talking about the new ride next year so the hotels may as well jump on board.

Rob said:
queenofspeed said:
Well.....

And if they are your thoughts on SW7 rooms, Nemmy themed rooms would appeal to a wider range of people why exactly?

I'm sure there will be plenty of people wanting to stay in these SW7 rooms, so long as they are marketed correctly. Everyone is going to be talking about the new ride next year so the hotels may as well jump on board.

The rooms won't be themed to a clinical hospital as that was the theme for The Sanctuary, not SW7, SW7 is a modern facility therefore I presume it will be much like the original Oblivion suites :)

Exclusive nights with dr kelman, they could be great scare rooms for scarefest :)

If based around the sanctuary aswell

Lets hope they are priced to make you Smile too (though given the usual extortionate price of themed rooms, I would doubt it!!)

A clearer image of the article just popped up on TTF's Facebook:

601381_10151565546268185_166446624_n.jpg

Why are they all smiling when they've probably broke the bank to stay in there for the night?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.