• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Explosion at Manchester Arena 22/05/2017

My thoughts are with all involved in this.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Wonder if this will turn out to be a terror incident or if its some less sinister?

Latest reports say ' explosion happened in the main ticket office area' which is the main exit from the arena. Where people where waiting to meet concert goers.

Edit.
Local ambulance service has declared major incident. Meaning 999 calls are filtered for life threatening response only.
This is standard for an incident of this type.

Last edited:
Bomb in the foyer eye witnesses are saying,

Its the last place you would expect to find one tbh

Absolutely terrible, saying 22 dead now. My thoughts go out to everyone that was there - must have been horrible :(

My thoughts go out to all affected. To think there are innocent people, some of them with their whole lives ahead of them, who won't return home after what was meant to be the night of their lives just crushes me. I'm genuinely heartbroken.

The area where the now confirmed suicide bombing took place was on public land and thus was highly unpredictable and unpreventable which makes this even more upsetting. It was just so random and tragic that it's hard to put into words how everyone affected must be feeling... I'm just so sorry

Truly horrific. Saw Iron Maiden the night before at Birmingham NEC and know how congested it can be with the sheer amount of people. Thank god that the individual wasn't amongst the crowds whilst the concert was happening.

Thoughts go out to all involved.

They're saying on the BBC that the girl came back on stage to perform an encore which delayed a lot of people from leaving, and may have indirectly reduced the number of casualties as it kept more people inside the Arena than would normally be there.

Totally sickening, these terrorists seem to have absolutely no moral compass, targetting landmarks or millitary installations is one thing, but actually targetting an event you know is going to be populated by only early teenage girls is quiet sonething on another level.

Absolutely awful news, but I cant say i'm surprised. The number of times I have been in the O2 watching a concert and wondering if something would happen given how tightly packed that number of people are in one place, and the slack security checks. Add to this the 5,000 or so on the UK Terrorist watchlist, and this is what we get. And it wont be the last. We can all change our Facebook profile pictures to say "I heart Manchester", or "Pray for Manchester", but that wont change anything. Next month it will be some other city in the world.

Trouble is how do you deal with people with this intent who now live among us? And how do you stop people like this travelling between countries when Europe has open borders? Sorry, but in the name of tolerance we have created this problem throughout Europe and now we are paying the price. Some may disagree with me on that, fair enough, but once the seeds have been sown, even just one or two, the weed spreads, and spreads and unless you get all the roots, it will always come back.

I dont know what the answer is anymore, I just feel so desperately sad for those people who died last night on what should have been a fun night out. Well..... the dust may settle in Manchester, but something else will happen in a few months unless the world really wakes up and starts getting tough on these people.

.... just waiting for the Police to announce this person is known to them and was on the watch list..............

Sad, sad, awful news and what a state of the world we all live in today :(

^^ The open boarders will never be acknowledged as a contributing factor, they'll just call for greater security powers for phones, internet etc. Which won't do a lot since a lot of the hardcore terrorists seem to be moving away from technology and going back to good old pen and paper to communicate.

Just heard about this now. I cannot put into words how horrid this is. My thoughts go out to anyone who has been affected by this. :(

Granada Reports reporting on a live stream that the Arndale centre in Manchester has been evacuated.

PM says that she believes Police know the identity of the scumbag responsible....... no surprise there then. Like I said, if there is a list of these people, living in the UK, do something about it, don't just wait for another attack and then say "oh yeah, we know of this chap"........

PM says that she believes Police know the identity of the scumbag responsible....... no surprise there then. Like I said, if there is a list of these people, living in the UK, do something about it, don't just wait for another attack and then say "oh yeah, we know of this chap"........

You cannot lock people up simply because you disagree with their view, but you can deport them if they were born elsewhere, or monitor them with tags. You could also severely restrict their movements like they do with Sexual Risk Orders but then you run the risk of pushing them further into the ideology you're trying to divert them away from.

Difficult situation to control unless you want to go full 1984.

Awful to see this happen. It's a terrible incident on its own, but knowing kids were there to see one of their idols is truly sickening and disgusting. I can't imagine what the parents of the young people who have died must be going through right now. No one should go to a concert and not come back :(