• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Favourite 21st Century Inventions

Skyscraper

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
Inventions. We owe our lives to them. What are some of your favourite Inventions from the 21st Century?

To start off, I'm a massive fan of automatic taps. Don't have to touch them and worry about turning them off! Automatic soap dispensers and hand dryers are great too. :)

Excellent topic idea @Skyscraper!

Personally, my vote for this would be smartphones and tablets. As much as I know they haven't been perfect in terms of their contributions to society, I personally think they've overall had a very positive impact on society what with their ability to connect people more easily, as well as their ability to make life easier in many ways!

I hope Alexa's never get feelings because I spend all day shouting commands at mine and telling it off when I doesn't do what I want it to do.
I hope the same thing... I always try to speak to ours respectfully and gently, but some other people in our family get more agitated by them. Just the other day, my dad was angry at ours, and shouted at it "Alexa, go and die in a cave until you can be useful!", to which it responded "Sorry, I don't know that one.". My dad looked very vindicated after that!

Building upon the thread I just created; I think on-demand TV is really quite a brilliant invention! It means you can watch whatever you want whenever you want to watch it instead of having to watch TV at the whim of a TV schedule, and it caters to every kind of TV watcher. Want to watch one episode at a time? You can do that! Want to binge-watch an entire series? You can do that too!

I'm not the biggest TV viewer myself, but I think streaming services are an excellent invention that have really improved the way we watch TV, personally!

Even though both have now been superseded by smartphones and Spotify/Apple Music, my two are:

The iPod - being able to have your own music library with you on the bus/train was incredible.

iTunes Music Store - being able to buy individual songs for 79p rather than having to buy an entire album for £10 or a released single for £3, also a game changer.

Bump!

Human-sized dog bed anyone?

Would love one of these, although they're not shipping to the UK yet.

For me, it has to be multi core processors. It can not be overstated how much they have helped push computers forward, not to mention, also making every single bit of electronic technology in this thread possible.

Old git calling.
Artificial hips.
People used to limp badly, suffer massive pain until death, and resort to wheelchairs with twenty years of life left.
Now they return to the Tower ballroom after a couple of months.
Can I see video evidence of you returning to the tower ballroom Rob?