• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fireworks 2015

BigDave

TS Member
So any ideas on what it could be themed on?

Really hoping they theme it around Nemesis. Would be a shame not to and they would be missing a trick to promote on of their own names and brands.

I'll be happy as long as it is not a playlist of the marketing departments favourite tunes or a marketing department led advert for the park, sorry I mean resort. In which case I will probably not be happy!

:)

I'm sure it will start with a good thematic story by ents, and then marketing will come and add 'Alton Towers Resort' every 2 minutes in the script and add how amazing their rides and attractions are, completely ruining a potentially immersive story.

I hope we see a theme/story along the lines of 2013's show, with the improvements of 2014's show with new effects added such as the waterscreen and fire. I liked seeing new elements added to the show last year (bravo to whoever decided that), although disliked how the 'story' became a 20 minute advert (blaming you, marketing team). Pyrotechnics were lacking too and it would be nice to see more. Although I can understand with budgets and Merlin it isn't entirely possible to add more.

Maybe they will have something linked up with the Enchanted Village this year. A part of it dedicated to Nemesis would be great too if they're going down the marketing route again. Although in my fantasy world I dream of seeing a story that draws you into another world and leaves you after 20 minutes feeling mesmerized and in awe of what you've just seen. Again the 2013 story left me with a better feeling at the end than the 2014 show did. I would prefer to see them go down more of the route of the older Towers shows, back in the 90s and early 00s, I think ents as they stand now are more than capable of creating stories as exciting as back then, permitting marketing leave them more room to create a good show.

A special Cbeebies themed show. Lots of bright colours but no loud bangs incase it scare the kiddies. Music is a single 30 second song looped for 25 minutes. At the end, the Teletubbies appear on a screen and demand it is all played again.

I'd assume they protect it as it is the biggest event of the year and it's not a budget you can cut without it affecting the show quality. Not a lot you can stretch with Fireworks to make it look good under a lower budget.

I was thinking about ideas for this year, and with both the cbeebies land extension and The enchanted village opening this year came to the conclusion that we'll get a tree-fu tom firework display, where by he leads the entire audience in Tree-Fu to fight away the demons from Nemesis that have re-emerged after 21 years of being hidden.

I'd assume they protect it as it is the biggest event of the year and it's not a budget you can cut without it affecting the show quality. Not a lot you can stretch with Fireworks to make it look good under a lower budget.
I guess, you could say that about the current state of Scarefest though, you can't stretch it anymore; and yet they clearly do as it gets more dire every year lol

Sadly us lot may moan about how dire Scarefest is but it is still a popular event with guests as a whole.

I'm not sure that that is the case James. I have 3 friends, who arent coaster/theme park enthusiasts and who also aren't members of any of the assorted fan sites. Independantly of my personal views they had decided that this year they werent bothering with scarefest as 'it gets worse every year'. Insetad they are, though, coming up for the Fireworks. I think screfest is only getting good reviews from pople who haven't been before.

But even with fireworks i am not so sure that the purses are as full as they once were. Last year there seemed quite a lot of lighting only sections.

Oh yes I agree with you there. My friends who aren't enthusiasts say the same about Scarefest. One of my friends who last came with me in 2010 was actually gobsmacked when I said TOTT was the same in 2015 as it was when he went there with me. These negative comments seem very few and far though and on paper Scarefest still does well with the public.

I think the problem with fireworks is that they substitute effects for pyrotechnics. So we get fire and pretty water projections but fireworks are sacrificed for that. I think they get the balance just right though at it not being a boring show (even though we aren't anywhere near the quality of the 90s and early 00s shows).

I think the problem with fireworks is that they substitute effects for pyrotechnics. So we get fire and pretty water projections but fireworks are sacrificed for that. I think they get the balance just right though at it not being a boring show (even though we aren't anywhere near the quality of the 90s and early 00s shows).

Personally this is why I preferred the 2010 & 2011 firework shows as I would rather have great fireworks perfectly timed to music, which Jubilee Fireworks are very good at doing, rather than a show with a crappy plot that is over reliant on dialogue and screens.

Or maybe bring back Dr Pop Rocket!

Personally this is why I preferred the 2010 & 2011 firework shows as I would rather have great fireworks perfectly timed to music, which Jubilee Fireworks are very good at doing, rather than a show with a crappy plot that is over reliant on dialogue and screens.

Or maybe bring back Dr Pop Rocket!

So get rid of dialogue and screens for dialogue and screens.....

Dr Pop Rocket was horrific!

I don't think the number of fireworks decreased last year, i just think they have overdone the "ohh isn't Towers so lovely" storyline to death now. They need to move on from that.