• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fireworks Event 2012

BigAl

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Forbidden Journey
Not sure if this requires a new topic as it's not Scarefest related, but Alton Towers have released this regarding their fireworks which will follow Scarefest (is that tenuous link good enough? :p ):

To celebrate the end of a spectacular theme park season, Alton Towers Resort is offering one lucky person the chance to be a VIP for the evening at the Alton Towers Resort’s ultimate fireworks event.

As well as the opportunity to start the show with a bang pressing the all important button, the lucky winner and three guests will get a prime front row position to watch the show. They will also be treated to an overnight stay at the themed Alton Towers Resort hotels, including dinner, breakfast and VIP park access to ensure their friends and family celebrate an unforgettable bonfire weekend in style.
To be in with a chance of winning this unique prize, just tell us why you should be the Alton Towers Resort’s Fireworks VIP, sending your entries to [email protected] by 30th October.

Katherine Duckworth, Head of Consumer Marketing at the Alton Towers Resort said, “Alton Towers Resort’s much loved fireworks display is set to return for 2012 with a bang, promising plenty of sparkle and cheer to thrill the whole family. The Resort has had a fantastic year with the launch of Nemesis Sub-Terra and Ice Age The 4D Experience and we look forward to celebrating the end of the season with our lucky fireworks VIP, which will be a fitting finale before we open again next March with our brand new world first rollercoaster.”
Celebrate the end of the Theme Park season with the ultimate Fireworks Event at the Alton Towers Resort this November. Running over three nights from Friday 2nd to Sunday 4th November, the incredible event promises to be Resort’s biggest and best display ever!

With the famous Towers as the backdrop, the ultimate Fireworks Event will begin at 7pm with a laser show featuring a kaleidoscope of colours projected into the night sky above Britain’s Greatest Escape, followed by a sparkling showcase of jaw-dropping fireworks.

The Theme Park will also remain open until 9pm*, allowing guests to enjoy a selection of adrenaline-pumping attractions well into the night.

Last year’s fireworks spectacle at Alton Towers Resort saw an impressive two tonnes of fireworks, set off from 35 separate positions throughout the park generating over 20,000 fireworks effects - and the 2012 display is set to be even bigger.

The Alton Towers Resort ultimate fireworks event for 2012 will return for three nights on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th November. For more information and to save up to 25% by booking tickets in advance at www.altontowers.com.

Sorry if this does need a new topic. :(

With the fireworks event drawing closer I've moved the above post from the Scarefest topic into it's own one.

So to kick things off, it seems Alton Towers this year are sticking with the same 'ultimate' theme for the fireworks event. With no notable changes.

So what do we expect from this year's display? A SW7 section? A similar format to last year? More effects?

Discuss below! :D

Didn't know I could make topics without actually putting any effort into making one. Thanks, James! :p :D

I'd love a Secret Weapon 7 section to the fireworks to build on what the Sanctuary and other marketing forms that Alton Towers have deployed for the new coaster next year. It'd really build a lot of excitement and a theme is always vastly superior to stringing a load of crappy pop tunes together like they did last year.

Also, if they have a display synchronised to 'In the Hall of the Mountain King' again, I do hope they either use their new version which plays on the Monorail and in the station as it varies the display a little from previous ones. If not, I'd like them to use a track which isn't so fast. The 'ItHotMK' section last year felt a little rushed to me and was over far too quickly.

So less pop, more SW7 and fix the 'ItHotMK' section, please!

:)

I'd like to see the MoJ face appear on the Towers at some point during the Fireworks show. Also, one thing that was very noticeable last year was the countdown before the show got slower as it went on, thereby confusing the guests a little bit. Also, there was quite a heavy focus on lasers and lights last year, which was good to an extent, but slightly OTT with the lasers. Having said that, though, the Towers looked amazing lit up with those fantastic colours, so here's to hoping that more of the same will be there this year! :)

The countdown didn't get slower, it was just slower than people were expecting, so they were counting at their pace, slowly getting ahead of the voiceover, until it became obvious, and everyone slowed to the recording's pace.

Maybe I'm being a bit thick here? But are they actually putting a big button at the front of the lawn over looking the towers then? As that's the only way anyone can "push the button" And have a front row view, which makes me wonder if the button will really do anything or will it just all be for show?

As for the show itself I would be pretty let down if there isn't at least a small bit based on SW7 given the level of promotion they are giving the ride already on park.

I'd also expect to see a very British section too? Given the jubilee and Olympics earlier in the season it would be a surprise if they didn't somehow reflect this some how?

And as for a finale I hope it's not as rushed as last year. The music was cut to short I felt, lacking the buildup that was such a big part of the previous seasons display.

DaveW said:
Maybe I'm being a bit thick here? But are they actually putting a big button at the front of the lawn over looking the towers then? As that's the only way anyone can "push the button" And have a front row view, which makes me wonder if the button will really do anything or will it just all be for show?

As for the show itself I would be pretty let down if there isn't at least a small bit based on SW7 given the level of promotion they are giving the ride already on park.

I'd also expect to see a very British section too? Given the jubilee and Olympics earlier in the season it would be a surprise if they didn't somehow reflect this some how?

And as for a finale I hope it's not as rushed as last year. The music was cut to short I felt, lacking the buildup that was such a big part of the previous seasons display.

If there were to be a button then it certainly wouldn't do anything. The display would all be run from one laptop hooked up to a Pyromate/Fire One system - all controlled by the senior firer. They'd never let a member of the public start a display, it's against all protocol. It'd just be synchronised to when they actually 'pressed' the button.

On the topic of fireworks, I presume Jubilee (the company) are doing the show again?

ITHOTMK is a must as the finale. I hope there is some sort of SW7 section, just not at the end which is something that I am fearing. Overall though I'd expect it to be similar to last year in terms of format but with some new and different effects. It should hopefully be very good. A British section as Dave suggested would be fantastic actually and very fitting.

:)

Last year Thorpe park had a section for the swarm and they blew up a fire truck.
Alton had a 13 section in 2010 once 13 was opened.

Hopefully with all the marketing for SW7, there will be a section for it, with loads of faces projected on the towers maybe? Or a massive ministry of joy logo?

I visioned a large smile face with 'Coming March 2013' written underneath it, and then during the display it having fireworks shots all off it (I can't remember what these are called?). So it would be a nice centre piece during the day and also be a key part of the display. I doubt Alton Towers will have had such a budget to create something like that though.

The ad seems a bit rubbish if I'm honest, which is a shame, as the event itself is great.

I've still never been to one of these displays but as Saturday is typically the busiest day of the season, I'm guessing Friday or Sunday is a better day to go?

All three days are certainly always the busiest days of the season, but Saturday is always the busy day, with Friday and Sunday being less busy.