• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Flambos - drinks now included

GaryH

TS Member
Apologies if its already been mentioned (did search but couldnt find anything) - stayed in ATH this weekend and ate in Flambios both nights. Soft drinks are now included in the 19.95 making it better value for money!

After the prices went up and the quality went down, my Mum said we wouldn't be eating there again - but if drinks are included she might be persuaded otherwise!

Good Move. A lot of buffets include drinks these days, including the Hotel Port Royal buffet at Heide-Park in Germany.

:D

Still 19.95 this weekend - food quality was ok and the range was the same, the guy working there said they decided to include drinks at the start of the summer - hopefully it will now continue as I think it makes the price a lot more acceptable.

Oh - and the Bar and Grill in the conference centre has now gone - the sign has gone, so has the seats etc and its now back to the conference centre sign which was underneath.

DiogoJ42 said:
Cheers Dan. I could have sworn it went up this year.

You'd be suprised at the history of Flambo's pricing.

Back in around 2006, it was £18.95.
Then it went down around 2007/8 to £16.95.
Then it went up to £19.95 in 2010.

Meanwhile, kids and young peoples prices have dropped.

So, actually, Flambo's net rise since 2006 is only around £1 per adult - which is perfectly respectable. And, if it now includes a drink - the actual price has dropped.

I think £20 is a psychological barrier that they won't break for now.

:)

That's true. When you put it like that, it's probably the most reasonable price in the whole M£rlin empire. Even I can concede to that ;)

If it goes above £20 then it will put a lot of people off (not that they have much choice xD). But 20 quid for unlimited 3 courses AND drinks is very good value - even if the food next door is better. I've always liked Flambo's anyway but this makes it better!

I spotted this the other week as there was a sign near the entrance saying free soft drinks. I did always think it was a rip off that you are paying £19.95 yet you had to pay another few quid to buy a coke. Hopefully its for good!

But i'm guessing by drinks it doesn't include tea, coffee or alcohol?

I think £19.95 is relatively good value for unlimited amounts of food and beverage but there are few people who would eat enough to justify paying that price per head.

Then again, by the time you've even ordered a two course meal and drinks in Secret Garden you are looking at close to the same figure. They well and truly have you over a barrel.

Three courses and a Coke at say, Spoons - and you'd be talking £16. Flambo's is correctly priced.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Dont forget with you annual pass its around the £16 mark so 3 courses, with drinks and as much as you can eat for £16 is very well priced.

And no it doesnt include tea, coffee or alcohol - its the same as Explorers Pizza Pasta, you have the usual line up of self service fizzy drinks....

I'm not a big fan of Flambo's but it is very good that soft drinks are now included. When I last went I just assumed that drinks were included as I hadn't been for a while and a lot of buffets do so was a little shocked to find out they weren't. A very good move!

:)

I'm happy with the quality of food but they need to sort out the selection. Non of it works with the other food on offer so you have half a cavery with salmon and peppers and pizza.

Kaycee said:
Nice to see an attempt to offer more VFM. I love Flambo's though. I really like their salmon!

I don't wish to alarm you, babe, but when I last ate at Flambo's at the end of January... there was no salmon.

However, the Carribean Inspired buffet was lovely.