• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Flamingo Land: General Discussion

soundwave96

TS Member
I wanted to start this topic because i would like to see what everyone thinks about Flamingo land.

I have only been there once but i thought it was good but it looked like a theme park that is going down hill and it was pritty dead but the ride were great.

please put your reviews i would love to here them.

Re: flamingo land

Man, if only Flamingo Land was a Merlin attraction. We might finally see some staff capable of hitting a throughput target then!

Aside from Cliffhanger the park was a disgrace, I felt unwelcome and uneasy, over the course of the half day my smile ebbed to a frown. I can safely say they're not getting a repeat visit from me for a while.

It says a lot when two nearby parks, Pleasure Island and Lightwater Valley, which have much less to work with in terms of attractions and funds, are FAR better in every way.

Flamingoland has been utterly miserable since 2009, when the apparent neglect really started to set in. I wouldn't be surprised to see the place closed in 5 years! I also doubt we'll ever see a major coaster there again, they've trashed everything they've bought in the last 10 years!

New for 2012 are non-smoking (in ride booths/stations) staff, from what I saw last month.

Pre 2006 I loved this park to bits, and once choose a visit to Alton in '04 in favour for Flamingoland (which I'd already went to several times that year). :eek:

Although nowadays my opinion of that park are the exact opposite, I hate that place for it's crap ride additions, removing the coasters that shaped my childhood and made me love rides :-[ (Magnum Force, The Bullet and Corky), awful staff and pathetic running. I haven't visited since 2009 and have no intention on wasting money to change that.

To be fair I prefer Flamingoland's progression towards more permanent attractions moving away from the fairground feel. The staff may well not be the best but they have made a consistent investment in the park year on year even if the rides installed haven't been to everyone's taste.

Agreed, they seem to be aiming for fairly unusual rides but the throughput etc is abysmal! Really is beyond belief, I was half tempted to go and manage the staff myself from the queue line!

They really need somebody who knows what theyre doing as a whole and will put the staff on some customer training courses.

We went about 6 days after opening this year, nothing new, many rides SBNO but then again the entire park just felt like they'd gone "ok, we're opening tomorrow, get some staff in, we'll do the checks and cleaning etc once the gates open"

we once again left feeling felt ripped off, will not be going for some years and it's 25mins away from me!

Such a shame

They certainly seem to be trying to raise their profile - perhaps an admission that they are no longer as popular as they were. Saw at least 6 or 7 FL adverts on ITV last night just whilst watching for about an hour during Primeval (they now sponsor it).

It does seem like an odd choice, but perhaps it's the start of a long-term plan for the area.

Take out the very dated Junior Driving School and there's a fair bit of land they can redevelop. Probably not enough for any sort of large scale coaster, but a few flats maybe.

I remember a few months ago there was something about a new "experience" coming soon,does anybody know anything on this?

flamingo land

Look above to th Zamperla Vertical Swing that Nathan mentioned.

mrbrightside said:

Nope, he was referring to something separate labelled on the old Corkscrew site. This one's still a mystery. ???

Hope they have a dinosaur land, could be quite good. :D

NastyPasty said:
mrbrightside said:

Nope, he was referring to something separate labelled on the old Corkscrew site. This one's still a mystery. ???

Hope they have a dinosaur land, could be quite good. :D

Yeah, that's probably what's coming next year.

flamingo land

Current rumour for Corkscrew site is an IP themed land.

And this may just be a coincidence, but the park have a dinosaur costumed character meet 'n' greet scheduled for this summer. It's from some TV show I believe, but its name escapes me. I'll find out when I'm not on my phone!

Considering how Flamingo Land is sponsoring Primaeval/Primeaval/Primeval/Primark(?), in which their advert is rather amusing to watch, it could be done side by side with that particular show. It wouldn't be surprising!

The meet 'n' greet is with Dinosaurus, a toy and gift range by Paper Island.

http://www.dinosaurus.co/

Interestingly, Paper Island's website states the following.

LICENSING OPPORTUNITIES ALSO AVAILABLE - GET IN TOUCH!

Perhaps I'm reading too much into it, but Peppa Pig World came about much the same way.