• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Food & Beverage: The Aramark Era begins

I reckon that’ll be fairly popular as a little munch before walking to The Smiler or Wickerman first thing.

Those muffins are a rip off. Last season, they had proper bacon butties at Coffee Lounge for the same money.

A friend of mine had to make a complaint in Burger Kitchen today as they took a bite of their burger and it was very pink and blood was all over the bottom bun. 🤮
Yikes! :oops:
Probably an issue with the grill settings I'd assume.

A friend of mine had to make a complaint in Burger Kitchen today as they took a bite of their burger and it was very pink and blood was all over the bottom bun. 🤮
Yikes! :oops:
Probably an issue with the grill settings I'd assume.

Yeah probably had it on the wrong setting for the weight of the meat. Either 1.6oz, 2.6oz, or 4oz. Or the entire burger hasn't been covered by the clam.

Tried Just Chicken today since Fried Chicken Co.

Pretty average and bog standard. Seems suppliers have been changed or have opted for a cheaper version of items. Also noticed the gravy with my meal was like glue and tasteless.

The restaurant itself had one till open… so as you can imagine the que built up. Also couldn’t help but notice how dirty the restaurant was with 2 staff members trying there best to keep on top of it, however failing. Either still staff shortages or towers not deploying enough staff.

Elsewhere across park, LOADS of units closed even though the park was fairly busy! I’m suprised the BK was closed in Muntiny too this unit is usually open.

They need to start paying a decent wage to attract more staff.

I agree, the issue Towers have is not only is the pay low but travel costs for staff to get to work are high as there is limited local living options and bare minimum public transport options, yet Towers still pay next close to minimum wage.

But the profits must always be high!

But aren't these places now being operated by Aramark so it's there responsivity not towers?
Although that makes no difference to the fact that they need to pay there staff a decent wage.

But aren't these places now being operated by Aramark so it's there responsivity not towers?
Although that makes no difference to the fact that they need to pay there staff a decent wage.
Not Towers yet, so far only the southern parks have been taken over by Aramark. Towers is later this year I believe?

Would be interesting to know if anyone's experienced the F&B offering in the southern parks so far this season, and if so whether they've noticed any changes in quality, price, service etc...

Would be interesting to know if anyone's experienced the F&B offering in the southern parks so far this season, and if so whether they've noticed any changes in quality, price, service etc...
Well, this happened on my visit...
Tried to get Annual Pass discount at the Smokehouse and was told they don't do it anymore for alcohol (new management). Is this a change due to Aramark or just an uninformed member of bar staff? He didn't seem overly convincing when I pushed it.
... but then poor service, and inexperienced and misinformed staff, are nothing new.

Tried RCR on the weekend and quality definitely gone down hill in there. Sent the curry back as it was just full of spice to the point it was inedible. The burger was full of some weird mayo/cheese sauce which looked awful and didn’t taste that great. I’m sure you used to get onion rings as well with the burgers in the past or am I imagining that?

Tried RCR on the weekend and quality definitely gone down hill in there. Sent the curry back as it was just full of spice to the point it was inedible. The burger was full of some weird mayo/cheese sauce which looked awful and didn’t taste that great. I’m sure you used to get onion rings as well with the burgers in the past or am I imagining that?
Onion rings were a paid for side, but weren’t worth it when I ordered them, they were the cheap chopped onion sort, not the decent ones like Wetherspoons and similar.
Burgers come with fries.

But RCR wasn’t great last time I ate there 3-4 years ago, way overpriced for the quality of food.

Not Towers yet, so far only the southern parks have been taken over by Aramark. Towers is later this year I believe?

I did pizza/pasta at Thorpe and smokehouse at chessie at the weekend and I would say there was zero difference in what was on the menu, staff, or anything else. There’s been a few price rises but I guess that’s nothing new. However I did notice pizza pasta is now 50p more expensive at Thorpe and chessie compared to towers, which in the past has always been more expensive.

Just seen this post on our Facebook page:

For reference, a Wetherspoons fish and chips is currently £8.15 including a drink. I get that the economics of scale are against Alton Towers and that they will always charge a premium because of convenience but charging £18 for a fish and chips is a bit ridiculous. And then £22 for bangers and mash is just daylight robbery!