• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Food & Beverage: The Aramark Era begins

Eastern Express’s quality seems to have dropped when we’ve visited recently. I’m not sure if they’re trying to match the other Merlin owned outlets, but they’re succeeding. I

My only annouance was the lack of signage to get people to queue sensibly. It's not clear from signage which windows are for ordering and which are for collecting. People naturally form one big queue, then one of the servers shout at the queue to get it to split between windows, some people then jump the queue while others wait a lot longer. Saw this repeated over and over while we ate. Just put some signs up, or one tensa barrier queue to call people from.

Do any of the restaurants in the park have air conditioning?
Now now, let's not be silly - that would be investment in infrastructure. Air-conditioning does not make money. Towers can't even manage EV charging points in the carpark - which would be useful to guests throughout the season. Back when I worked at Towers it took them several years to install air-conditioning in the admissions kiosks & they only did this after dragging their heels with all sorts of excuses because they were a Health & Safety hazard on hot days and staff were all but passing-out.

On a more serious note, the main Burger Kitchen may have air-conditioning, as back in the days when it was McDonalds it could be arctic-cold in there in the hot weather. Other than that your only chances of air-conditioning are probably Woodcutters or the RCR (i.e. the slightly newer investments).

I think Rollercoaster and the main Burger Kitchen have aircon, woodcutters probably too, even Fried Chicken hut probably has it.

Which is pretty much all the indoor restaurants.

Actually very pleasantly surprised at the meal we had tonight in RCR. Food was very good as was the service. Tables were clean and not smelling like that sticky horrible stuff they used to use and was asked all evening if everything was ok with our meals.

I had the burger with pulled pork, my partner the scampi and the little one pasta and garlic bread. Deserts were also very good. For once in RCR….. no complaints.

Even the food all came down at the same times!