• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Food & Beverage: The Aramark Era begins

Yes I saw those today but didn’t venture down there to check them out.

Ate in the secret garden tonight. OMG totally shocking food. Fish and chips with mushy peas was actually undercooked hard chips, greasy fish and I’m not sure what the off green mushy stuff was!! Needless to say it came off the bill as I didn’t eat much of it. My partners salmon was over cooked and very dry.

Was also boiling hot in there with none of the ceiling windows open and none of the ceiling fans on.

Lots and lots of new staff and I would say some are looking very very young, possibly 16/17 years old now I would guess.

Won’t be going there again for food, especially at the prices being charged.

In the theme park during the day had a burger kitchen quarter pounder meal. Chips were not great, lots of black ones, and the burger was passable but definitely not worth queuing a long time for.

All in all we had a good day in the park but food during the day and in the hotel at night was has been very poor.

Last edited:
Just had a bit of a chat with @Ted, and we both agree that Towers are missing something in terms of its F&B offering.

Staffordshire oatcakes.

They're popular in north Staffordshire (and Cheshire). They lend themselves to many fillings, though savoury is by far the most common. Best of all is the base recipe is vegan-friendly, so could be appropriate for a wide variety of dietary requirements. If they started selling oatcakes, I think Towers could be onto a winner.

I love how the words Cake and Pudding refers to so many foods in the UK regardless of whether they are sweet or savoury to confuse foreigners.
I agree with adding Oatcakes to the menu, Alton Towers like to draw from the local area for inspiration for their attractions so why not food? Does Alton Towers offer local beers? Could they do deals with local farmers to get local ingredients to improve the perceived value of their food?

I love how the words Cake and Pudding refers to so many foods in the UK regardless of whether they are sweet or savoury to confuse foreigners.
I agree with adding Oatcakes to the menu, Alton Towers like to draw from the local area for inspiration for their attractions so why not food? Does Alton Towers offer local beers? Could they do deals with local farmers to get local ingredients to improve the perceived value of their food?
I know Towers have worked with Peakstones Brewery in the past, though I'm not 100% if they still do.

Just had a bit of a chat with @Ted, and we both agree that Towers are missing something in terms of its F&B offering.

Staffordshire oatcakes.

They're popular in north Staffordshire (and Cheshire). They lend themselves to many fillings, though savoury is by far the most common. Best of all is the base recipe is vegan-friendly, so could be appropriate for a wide variety of dietary requirements. If they started selling oatcakes, I think Towers could be onto a winner.
Paging @Heidi :tearsofjoy:

Taste like soggy loofah's though, don't they.
And then soft food oozes through the holes.
Just a crumpet that has had an accident with a steamroller.
Bring in the big pies, that's what I want.

My folks took the dog for a walk earlier and then went to a cafe. I met up with them at the cafe after having a little jog. Look what I found them drinking out of when I got there. Tut tut!PXL_20220922_103743950~2.jpg

After lauding the spicy veggie bean burger in another thread a few days ago I was disappointed to find today that it has been swapped out (despite still being advertised and orderable).

You now receive two slider sized veggie burgers in a normal sized bun. They're the kind where they have potatoes, carrots and peas in breadcrumbs. Not very interesting and don't taste of much.

Hopefully just a stock issue, I wouldn't have ordered it had I known but was far too British to complain and ate what I received.

After lauding the spicy veggie bean burger in another thread a few days ago I was disappointed to find today that it has been swapped out (despite still being advertised and orderable).

You now receive two slider sized veggie burgers in a normal sized bun. They're the kind where they have potatoes, carrots and peas in breadcrumbs. Not very interesting and don't taste of much.

Hopefully just a stock issue, I wouldn't have ordered it had I known but was far too British to complain and ate what I received.
Weirdly I'm at AT today and my partner just ordered the vegan burger from Just Chicken - it seems like a red spicy bean burger, possibly the one you're talking about?

Weirdly I'm at AT today and my partner just ordered the vegan burger from Just Chicken - it seems like a red spicy bean burger, possibly the one you're talking about?
A crushing revelation, I should have gone to the one outlet whose name contains a foodstuff that I don't eat in a way that suggests that they don't sell anything else !

I hope they enjoy !

Last edited: