• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Forbidden Valley Fire [Confirmed] 29/03

Adam James

TS Contributor
Favourite Ride
Wild Mouse, BPB
It seems like there has been a small fire, with Forbidden Valley and Sky Ride both evacuated...

Airgates said:
It has been reported that a fire at Alton Towers has caused a popular area of the park to be closed.
Located within the ‘Forbidden Valley’ area of the Staffordshire park, guests are currently being evacuated for safety reasons. Nearby attractions which where also evacuated include Air, The Blade, Ripsaw and Nemesis, which recently celebrated its 21st Birthday.

It is believed the fire started at the ‘Fresh Fish & Chips’ catering unit in the area. It is unclear if the situation has resulted in the closure of the park’s Monorail which glides nearby the unit. The immediate area has been cleared by the park’s security team, with no news of when rides will reopen.

A guest on site has commented to Airgates;

The smoke was quite quick and [there was a] smell of fire, whole area evacuated by security. There is a general uncertainty amongst staff, and there is no confirmation of anything as yet.

Source (with pictures): http://airgates.co.uk/2015/03/29/breaking-fire-at-alton-towers-causes-disruption/

Can't see any smoke on that photo. I'd imagine this is more of a minor kitchen fire than anything we saw with the Skyride stations. Burnt chips on the menu it seems!

:)

The area has now re-opened but Fresh Fish and Chips remains closed with minor signs of fire damage. I suspect it was a kitchen fire of some sorts.

Can't see any smoke on that photo. I'd imagine this is more of a minor kitchen fire than anything we saw with the Skyride stations. Burnt chips on the menu it seems!

Yeah that linked report has over exaggerated the extent somewhat.

Yeah that linked report has over exaggerated the extent somewhat.

News sources are always bound to be sensationalised - but at least noones suggested this is connected to The Blade just yet...