• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Frog Hopper Hops Off

GAGrathea

TS Founding Member
So, as reported on our Facebook, the Frog Hopper was today seen to have mysteriously disappeared!

We don't know anything more about this right now, but why/where do people think it's gone?! :)

Maintenance? A new model? I doubt Merlin would give up one of their beloved drop rides so suddenly. :p

Hasn't it just gone to the local Aquatics Garden Centre for a day out?

:)

All I can think about is the Nickelodeon building since the Frog Hopper is situated right in front or perhaps the Frog Hopper is being moved for the Christmas celebrations to the hotels? [/speculation]

That this topic exists, is genuinely hilarious.

I think I actually love that a whole ride has disappeared overnight. <3

Is there a reward? :)

According to Alton on Twitter, it's experiencing technical difficulties.
They are working hard to get it back into operation.

At least it's not disappeared forever.

To create another lovechild with The Runaway Mine Train.

Storage, maintenance, new model or ride for next year, (or my most wanted) the Nick building finally being used... or they just want to store more storage. I do hope they remove the Ice Tent and can whack a few decent flats there along with the Frog Hopper as the family area for 2014. I hope it isn't going, yes it's generic but I have a emotional attachment to that frog. There I said it. Maybe they could remodel it to Ice Age and put it near Body Zorbs/Charlie? I'm also thinking that it could be simply just early preporation for the return of the Elves Playground.

Rowe said:
All I can think about is the Nickelodeon building since the Frog Hopper is situated right in front or perhaps the Frog Hopper is being moved for the Christmas celebrations to the hotels? [/speculation]

Rides are no longer moved to the hotels for Christmas, as parts of the park now stay open instead. :)

I would assume it's maintenance. I can't think of any other reason they'd remove it, unless it's having a revamp. I quite love the mystery of a ride disappearing though. Could the Ministry of Joy have taken it? SW7 secret element, anyone? :p

As I said earlier, it's experiencing technical difficulties.

How amazing would it be if it came back with Scarefest/Christmas theming all over it?! :D

Oops, missed you post, Longy.

'Technical difficulties' is a very loose term, though. It's just standard for "something is happening/has happened, we don't know what it is, so we'll just use this generic term to answer your question when really we don't have a clue what's going on". :p

General I think that all rides go through more maintenance before the major stress of scarefest

I imagine its just easier to get such a small ride of park to do maintenance, it's pushed quite hard for a ride of its type.

I just think it's the most surreal thing, I can't even imagine how on earth they had the facilities on park to just pick up a ride at really short notice and take it away...

What, with manic Scarefest preparing and the construction of a new coaster on their hands, I wouldn't have blamed them for just leaving the ride there and not open for a bit!

Magrathea said:
I wouldn't have blamed them for just leaving the ride there and not open for a bit!

Oh come on :p If it was SBNO for a while, you'd all just complain anyway ;-)

Pretty sure the Frog Hopper has gone through a low point maintenance-wise lately anyway, so it's good that it might be getting repaired.

Oh, I know everyone would complain (as they do about everything), but I'm just saying how impressed I am that they're going to such an extent to sort it out when they've got so much on their plates! :p

Considering its only a small flat ride, why not just pick it up and move it behind the scenes for maintenance? I'd assume its fairly important though as if it was just something small, they would have done it on park where it was.

Maybe something dodgy has happened and they wanted it out of the public eye ASAP? [/no evidence, just speculation]

DiogoJ42 said:
Maybe something dodgy has happened and they wanted it out of the public eye ASAP? [/no evidence, just speculation]

May be when it when up it shot up, a child then flew up in the air and into the sky, landing in to the waterpark?

[/thinks of dramatic story worthy of a Faffbook comment]