• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fun Club/ Ringo's Kids Club

WickerwomanH

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Wicker Man
Last night I couldn't sleep and ended up looking through towers merch on ebay, and found stuff relating to both the AT Fun Club, and Rango's Kids Club (as well as a 90s Nemesis bucket hat that I would definitely buy if I had the funds). I managed to find a little information on the Fun Club on TT, that it was some kind of subscription thing related to Henry Hound in which kids could get a magazine 3 times a year, free entry with an adult and some merch too, but nothing about Rango's Kids Club. I was wondering if anyone remembered these and had any info on them? The Fun Club seemed like a great idea and I wish they did more stuff like this these days

Don't think I can recall anything about this. Do you have a picture of the merch you saw @Heidi just interested personally? I'm sure someone will know but I can't find anything about it, although I've only done a quick search. It seems like quite an odd concept although quite a cool one at that.

Ringo's Kids Club is fairly new, from early 2010s onwards I'd like to say (not sure when it was discontinued). It was a range of kids entertainment in Splash landings hotel, consisted of things like face painting, story telling and games during the day/late afternoon, then shows in the evening. Nothing hugely substantial although it was something that offered day and night entertainment for younger families who wouldn't be in the theme park all day.

Alton Towers fan club will be before my time. However I (vaguely) remember Pirate Bill's club which used to be in the Alton Towers Hotel spa swimming pool area!

I think it's a shame they don't offer these kind of things anymore. I suppose that's what Cbeebies Land Hotel is for now!

Ringo's Kids Club is fairly new, from early 2010s onwards I'd like to say (not sure when it was discontinued). It was a range of kids entertainment in Splash landings hotel, consisted of things like face painting, story telling and games during the day/late afternoon, then shows in the evening. Nothing hugely substantial although it was something that offered day and night entertainment for younger families who wouldn't be in the theme park all day.

Alton Towers fan club will be before my time. However I (vaguely) remember Pirate Bill's club which used to be in the Alton Towers Hotel spa swimming pool area!

I think it's a shame they don't offer these kind of things anymore. I suppose that's what Cbeebies Land Hotel is for now!
Interesting! I'd thought Rango's Kids Club was older from the uniform and the fact I don't remember it from when I was younger.

I certainly remember the Fun Club from the 80s/90s. It was pretty much as you described. Henry Hound was the mascot and you received magazines and kids go free vouchers a few times a year in the post.

I believe there was also a parade float for the Fun Club back in the day too.

I certainly remember the Fun Club from the 80s/90s. It was pretty much as you described. Henry Hound was the mascot and you received magazines and kids go free vouchers a few times a year in the post.

I believe there was also a parade float for the Fun Club back in the day too.
Bring back Henry Hound 2022

The signage in splash used to have Ringos club on it. But as far as I’m aware that’s all gone now, and the uniform they wear now is more just generic Caribbean stuff.

that shirt is what they sold recently when they sold old towers uniform.

rare serious post from me but I was in the Fun Club as a kid and you got a sort of magazine and 4 x vouchers for free entry with a paying adult - each voucher had a date range (March - May, June - July etc) so you had to space out the visits. Aside from a badge/stickers you didn't really get much in the way of merchandise.

If I had to guess a date on this... must have been around 1996-1997

edit - I think it was 3 x seasonal vouchers and a birthday one

rare serious post from me but I was in the Fun Club as a kid and you got a sort of magazine and 4 x vouchers for free entry with a paying adult - each voucher had a date range (March - May, June - July etc) so you had to space out the visits. Aside from a badge/stickers you didn't really get much in the way of merchandise.

If I had to guess a date on this... must have been around 1996-1997

edit - I think it was 3 x seasonal vouchers and a birthday one
Thank you for the response! That's so interesting. I wonder how you could receive/buy the mug I found on ebay then

mid-ringoclub01.jpg

A couple of bits from Ringo's Kids Club, fresh from the archive. Above is the logo, which was used for the uniforms and marketing. Below is Ringo in action, though this is from just after Ringo's Kids Club in 2015 - I believe that at this point Ringo's show was pretty much the same, but now branded under the Calypso Crew banner (you can see the ents uniform, now has the Calypso Crew logo).

It looks like Ringo's Kids Club was probably wound up in 2013 or 2014.

2015 (63).jpg

P.S. I've also updated Ringo's name in the thread title

Last edited:
It looks like Ringo's Kids Club was probably wound up in 2013 or 2014.

Actually I can be more specific, 'Ringo's Kids Club' ran between 2011 and 2013.

That said, just to muddy the waters it is arguable that whilst the name was only used between those years, actually the concept itself ran for much longer.

Ringo was introduced in 2009 and I don't think there was actually much of a change in his show line-up when Ringo's Kids Club was introduced, it was more just a rebranding of what was already happening. Equally when the entertainment became the Calypso Crew in 2014 the shows were still substantially the same... indeed the Splash Landings ents are still known as the Calypso Crew today.

On a side note. When was the last time anyone saw Ringo? I have a feeling he might have been retired at the end of 2016, but its very difflicult to keep track of the mascots!

Thanks everyone for the info! Apologies for using the wrong name and thank you for correcting the title