• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Funny things you've overheard people say in queuelines

Some chavs at Sub-Terra's exit the other day:

'You know when we dropped into that hole with those alien eggs? I thought we were being sprayed with water, then I worked out it was actually goo.... thats disgusting innit' :p

Not actually in a queueline, but it still made me laugh :D

This happened at Drayton, but I still think it's worth posting here. Someone in the Apocalypse queueline asked her friend why some of the shuttles dropped slowly. She was actually pointing at the winch system :p

On the train to towers:

'My friend was in the hospital for 7 weeks when the train came off the track in Oblivioms hole' Yes, thats right - Obliviom!

'I've got stuck half way down Oblivions drop before'

'I went around on nemesis with my restraint open before ya'know'

'If you ask the staff, you can have the pirate ship swing upside down'

And my personal favourite is one from work - I was talking about how Sub-Terra was being closed for improvements and this girl turned around and said:

'Oh yeah, they did that for Th13teen as well - I remember going on it when it was just the outdoor section! So they added the drop to make it better'

DOH!

In an earlier visit this year on a day with a few power issues... Queue line for Sonic Spinball....
"cant believe they have shut like half the park just cus like there ain't no power"
"You'd think they wud ave sum propa large batteries or summat"
"Innit"

I bit my tongue! Lol

Well, Thorpe Park has battery power in X:\NWO, so it seems a pretty reasonable statement to me ;)

One that I remember is a family on the monorail sometime last year I think it was:

Whilst going past Nemesis, "is that the Corkscrew?" Little did they no the ride had left the park! :p

Also think I once heard someone asking if they corkscews in the entrance plaza went upside down, thinking it was part of a ride!

:)

Once when arriving at the park on a coach one parent pointed out the Corkscrew memorial to her children "there's a rolllercoaster do you want to go on that?".

My brother thought the new ride for 2013 was enterprise? I don't know how he came to that conclusion.

Oh, and also at school I've heard the usual 'I got stuck halfway down oblivion' and stuff

Maya said:
My brother thought the new ride for 2013 was enterprise? I don't know how he came to that conclusion.

Probably due to the poorly placed 'Under Construction' in X Sector on this year's park map. :p

I heard Chris Evans on the radio say 'I wonder I long it will take for them to close Corkscrew because of the rain?'
:)

Wasn't in a queue line but whilst i was reading this thread in the school library and said
"hey Joe what's a queueline?"
To which I laughed

Also not at the Towers, but at IoA after getting off Dr. Doom as a single rider:

"Well, that was better than the Tower of Terror," to which the other two family members he was sitting with agreed.