• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Future Entertainment ideas for ATR

ATR1991

TS Member
So with the introduction of some new & returning entertainment for 2018, ive drawn up some possible and in my view feasible ideas the park could build on in future...
  • Bring back a park mascot that everyone can relate to the park, Alton Bear, Henry Hound
  • build on the street performances, ATTP, character meet & greets, pirate walkabouts.
  • Having a year of special events would give guests a reason to keep returning to the park at different times of the year, an idea for a year of events ive come up with..
Events.
Easter:
A small family friendly event sponsored by Cadburys. Using the idea of previous chocolate towers event, but more updated.
  • Cadburys Egg Hunt
  • Meet & Greet Easter bunny & Cadbury characters
  • prize giveaways utilising cadburys sponsor
Summer: Big push for a themed show to run for the whole summer holidays.
  • Possible ideas: stunt show, BMX, dance, theatre show
  • Street characters: ATTP, Costume characters
  • Parade: Done on a smaller scale (Portaventura style) utilising show performers, Cbeebies characters, ATTP, costume characters, have small scale car floats for variety of rides.
Scarefest: Event as it is with a new product joining line up each year.
  • 3 or 4 mazes, 2 free zones, family shows, family maze, street performers
  • utilise the Spooky areas of the park (Duel, dark forest, Hex, haunted hollow)
Fireworks: Each year a different storyline & theme for the new attraction of the year.

Christmas:
  • Keep the event to bookings only, but have potential for a bigger pantomime shows
  • Bring some form of ice skating to the resort (front lawns or hotels)
Potential new venues for entertainment.
  • Refurbish CCL theatre into a Live theatre but utilise the 4D effects
  • A smaller multi use outdoor performance space created in fountain square
  • The Galactica car park repurposed for a west end standard theatre, would be opened to both hotel & day guests for evening performances & daytime (out of season/special events)
What ideas do others have, and how would you like to see the entertainment expanded over the resort?

I don't understand why they don't bring back the pirate show. I haven't been yet this season but the stage is still there, right? It was on during February half term in the hotels so they clearly have the staff for it.

As the courtyard is now kind of themed to WickerMan I don’t see the pirates making a return.
RIP Lady Victoria Sponge.

That didn't stop legoland...

Also,
Half of the area is still pirate themed, I fail to see why they can't do pirates vs pagans or something.

I mean, they are fine with that wasteland stomp thing and that seems to clash with literally everything up to and including the UK itself!

Last edited:
I mean, they are fine with that wasteland stomp thing and that seems to clash with literally everything up to and including the UK itself!
Looked pretty fun and got quite the crowd on Sunday. Did you not enjoy it?

^
I haven't seen it yet, I was just making the point that not bringing back the pirate show is somewhat unjustifiable.

^
I haven't seen it yet, I was just making the point that not bringing back the pirate show is somewhat unjustifiable.
I am not sure it needs justification - but if it did, I would suggest the following would likely be part of their thinking:
  • The previous pirate show was getting a little long in the tooth, although a fun show - such things have a finite life
  • Wicker Man and its associated theme need to be prevalent in the Courtyard area this season - bit messy otherwise
  • No one has tried to do entertainment in FV for a long time - it's worth seeing how it works and if people engage
  • Forbidden Sweep was seemingly not particularly profitable and was almost universally derided

@roary.catontanner your ideas are perfect. In reality I thInk AT management would want this but it goes down to guest figures and budgets

If the park was 3-3.5 million guests a year I guarantee the budget would be there for this

I've been hearing rumours about a Space Jam themed area for a couple of years now. If they do decide to go for that, they'll have loads of options around the Looney Tunes/Michael Jordan/Basketball etc

I am stunned they didn't re-open the courtyard diner given its proximity to their new ride. What a better way to generate some profit than to have a restaurant right next to a pub AND Wickerman with the amount of footfall in that area. Big big opportunity missed there by Towers.

There are some great ideas there and I feel like the cost to implement those would be minimal since they focus on holidays which is in my opinion when these this should take place.
With the 'Year of the Walking Dead' at Thorpe, I could see something similar at Towers but using a family friendly IP or a system like you said focusing on Holidays.

The only one I would change is the Christmas event because I think there's a lot more potential for that!