• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Gardaland

Olly

TS Member
General Discussion about the popular theme park in Italy.

Home to 'Blue Tornado', the infamously painful 'Sequoia Adventure' and the new Winged Coaster 'Raptor'.

Olly said:
General Discussion about the popular theme park in Germany.

Home to 'Blue Tornado', the infamously painful 'Sequoia Adventure' and the new Winged Coaster 'Raptor'.

Pretty sure when I went last year it was in Italy mate.

;)

I'm pretty excited to see where Raptor Genetix is going. Raptor itself was amazing.

Here's a few of my favourite shots from Gardaland last year:

DSCN0048.jpg

DSCN0104.jpg

DSCN0106.jpg

DSCN0072.jpg

Raptorswamp.jpg

Adz95 said:
Olly said:
General Discussion about the popular theme park in Germany.

Pretty sure when I went last year it was in Italy mate.

;)

Oh yeah don't know what was going through my head at the time?!

Haha hopefully someone will change it soon :p

Edited it to Italy for you. :p

Raptor is a rather beautiful ride. I love the theming, near misses and art work on the supports.

James said:
Edited it to Italy for you. :p

Raptor is a rather beautiful ride. I love the theming, near misses and art work on the supports.

Agreed, it's probably one of the most beautiful and well themed rides I've seen in real life, and it rides beautifully as well.

Although Italy's other B&M is a better ride imo, Raptor comes close.

:)

In my opinion...

Raptor is still the superior B&M Wingrider. The intense themeing (which is better than The Swarm's), the near misses, the compact layout. It's brilliant!

:)

Gardaland

Raptor looks really great!
It has upped gardalands game, they need to keep this standard of coaster up!

Like I once said so very long ago, Raptor Genetix is not a ride but a series of comics to accompany the original Raptor ride.

I e-mail Gardaland about this and that was their response, shortened down and put into correct English.

I hope this clears things up. :)

Raptor looks OK (not too excited about it after riding the tame and lack-lustre Swarm) but nothing else in the park excites me whatsoever. Mirabilandia looks to be a vastly more interesting park!

Agreed Sam! Considering how nice the park is with the gardens and layout, the ride selection is dire. Even the drop tower is awful :/

Sam said:
Raptor looks OK (not too excited about it after riding the tame and lack-lustre Swarm) but nothing else in the park excites me whatsoever. Mirabilandia looks to be a vastly more interesting park

It most certainly is. :)

There were plans to do this a while back actually, but I'm not sure if it ever went through. It'd be great if this did happen soon. The theme suits the area, what with the existing Sequoia Adventure and Colorado Boat ride.

If that park didn't have Raptor it would have been awful on my visit last year...

Although I liked Mammut, the ride selection is something to be desired really... A shame but I think it's sommat that some major European parks suffer from (too many old Vekomas)...

Sam said:
Raptor looks OK (not too excited about it after riding the tame and lack-lustre Swarm) but nothing else in the park excites me whatsoever. Mirabilandia looks to be a vastly more interesting park!

If you found Swarm tame you won't find Raptor any more intense... It's like Air, but well themed and amazing...

I just get how Merlin Studios can do that level of theming in Italy but not in the UK, even The Swarm which is good theming isn't exactly to that quality.

Based on the plans i don't think we will but PLEASE up the game for SW7

There's a reason why Raptor is themed so much better than the Swarm, indeed, themed better than any coaster Merlin have done: because Gardaland were/are at risk of having their asses handed to them on a plate by Miribilandia. Let's not forget, that park have opened Katun, iSpeed, Reset and Divertical all within the last two dozen years!

Its because Merlin actually have competition with Heide Park and Gardaland, Thorpe, Alton, Chessie and Legoland rule the UK so they feel they don't really have to try with us ???