• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Queue Times Discussion 2023

Matt N

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
Hi guys. As the General Queue Times Discussion was such a staple of 2021 on TowersStreet and we have now had 4 2022 operating Towers days (sort of), that means that some queue times and operations discussion has already begun to filter onto the forums, much to the chagrin of those who don’t like queue time discussion. As such, I thought I’d do the honours of creating the 2022 Queue Times thread! Hope you don’t mind, mods; if you do, just lock this thread and delete my post…

So, to get the ball rolling on 2022’s queue times thread; now they’re all over, what have queues and operations been like over the John Lewis/Kids Pass/Services/other corporate buyout days been like, if anyone’s been or been keeping tabs on RideTimes lately?

Hi guys. As the General Queue Times Discussion was such a staple of 2021 on TowersStreet and we have now had 4 2022 operating Towers days (sort of), that means that some queue times and operations discussion has already begun to filter onto the forums, much to the chagrin of those who don’t like queue time discussion. As such, I thought I’d do the honours of creating the 2022 Queue Times thread! Hope you don’t mind, mods; if you do, just lock this thread and delete my post…

So, to get the ball rolling on 2022’s queue times thread; now they’re all over, what have queues and operations been like over the John Lewis/Kids Pass/Services/other corporate buyout days been like, if anyone’s been or been keeping tabs on RideTimes lately?
No queue times are available outside of the park (e.g. on the app or queue-times.com) on buy-out days (I think- I'm sure I haven't been able to view them on those weekends) as it is closed to the general public.

No queue times are available outside of the park on buy-out days as it is closed to the general public.
I thought I remembered seeing some RideTimes updates from over the 2 weekends?

Come to think of it, I thought I remembered going on the app once and seeing times listed, but unhelpfully, I can’t remember what they were…

Queue times are available to see in the app on buy out days just as they are on a regular day in the season.

I am somewhat surprised actually that there are no restrictions placed on seeing queue times in the app. I believe Europa Park set it so you can only view queue times when you are in the park. Since Alton Towers seem to go to great lengths to be opaque about ride downtime (as in the case with the Smiler) I would have thought that making it so guests cannot view this find of info ahead of their visit might play well into this strategy.

Would certainly cut down on the discussion that goes on in these queue times threads at any rate.

Queue times are available to see in the app on buy out days just as they are on a regular day in the season.

I am somewhat surprised actually that there are no restrictions placed on seeing queue times in the app. I believe Europa Park set it so you can only view queue times when you are in the park. Since Alton Towers seem to go to great lengths to be opaque about ride downtime (as in the case with the Smiler) I would have thought that making it so guests cannot view this find of info ahead of their visit might play well into this strategy.

Would certainly cut down on the discussion that goes on in these queue times threads at any rate.
I know Legoland Windsor does it, as well, so it is a thing within some Merlin parks. I wonder why Towers doesn’t? Maybe they like (or at least, don’t mind) people discussing queue times?

You can really see how popular Wicker man is when smiler is down. Spent most the weekend the busiest ride. It really is a flagship ride at the park now, a ride that everyone wants to go on and is an essential part of the day

You can really see how popular Wicker man is when smiler is down. Spent most the weekend the busiest ride. It really is a flagship ride at the park now, a ride that everyone wants to go on and is an essential part of the day
Yeah but people on Twitter were complaining to them that it was only running one train, so maybe that's why.

Going away for the weekend tomorrow and I'm really anxious about it, so as Towers will finally be open again I will keep an eye on the queue times to help me stay calm and occupied. 🙂

I've seen reports of people already camping outside the park in anticipation of Guest Services opening, hoping to be the first in line for the main season. Current estimated queue time length is three hours and that's a day before the park opens.