• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Queue Times Discussion 2023

Smiler’s appearing popular today… its queue is currently 90 minutes, while the next longest coaster queue is 20!

I mean it is a legendary ride
I know a lot of people like it, but 90 minutes when every other coaster is 20 or less does seem unusually popular!

Although I guess Wicker Man is closed, so with only one of the most popular rides open instead of both, that’ll naturally make the queue for Smiler longer…

I know a lot of people like it, but 90 minutes when every other coaster is 20 or less does seem unusually popular!

Although I guess Wicker Man is closed, so with only one of the most popular rides open instead of both, that’ll naturally make the queue for Smiler longer…
Ye it's dropped now that Wicker man is open

Very interesting… Oblivion is at 0 even though Smiler is at 55. I wonder why Oblivion has such a low queue compared to Smiler?

And yes @Ethan, it would appear that Wicker Man opening has eased some of the burden on Smiler. Those two do seem disproportionately popular compared to the others at the moment; Smiler is on 55, WM is on 40, while the next longest coaster queue is 20.

Because smiler is the greatest roller coaster in the uk and Oblivion doesn't even get a sniff on it
I think that's a matter of personal opinion rather than a fact. I don't personally agree with that assertion myself; of the 91 coasters I've ridden, Oblivion is my #9, while Smiler doesn't even hit my top 50 (although it only narrowly misses out; it's #51). However, I won't argue with anyone who does think that; it's simply not an opinion I personally share.

And in terms of whether that would affect Oblivion's popularity; I know that Smiler is likely more popular, but surely people would still want to experience Oblivion while they're in the area?

Can we stick to discussion about queue times and not delve into this pointless argument of "what's the best coaster", when ultimately it's a personal opinion and hasn't a single thing to do with this topic. Thanks.

Very interesting… Oblivion is at 0 even though Smiler is at 55. I wonder why Oblivion has such a low queue compared to Smiler?

And yes @Ethan, it would appear that Wicker Man opening has eased some of the burden on Smiler. Those two do seem disproportionately popular compared to the others at the moment; Smiler is on 55, WM is on 40, while the next longest coaster queue is 20.
Gangsta Granny is on 45 at the moment. That doesn't necessarily mean it's popular... We all know how dire it's capacity and throughput is.

Gangsta Granny is on 45 at the moment. That doesn't necessarily mean it's popular... We all know how dire it's capacity and throughput is.
The thing is, though, neither WM nor Smiler have overtly low capacities. WM is probably one of the highest ones on park (by my reckoning, it's beaten by only Nemesis & Galactica, and possibly Thirteen now the baggage hold has returned), and while lower, Smiler's capacity isn't hugely low compared to the other coasters.

GG is certainly far lower in capacity than either, if I had to guess.

And thus we come to the whole issue of the queue times thread ;). Is it just popular? Is someone misjudging the queue time? Has there been some downtime that's not shown on the app? Is there a train/cars offline? Is it a result of other rides having issues in the same area? Are there issues with baggage storage staffing as there was on Wickerman last weekend?

The truth is, no one knows unless they're on park and in those specific area. So you can't just deem a ride's queue simply being to "popularity", when there could be far more factors in play...

And thus we come to the whole issue of the queue times thread ;). Is it just popular? Is someone misjudging the queue time? Has there been some downtime that's not shown on the app? Is there a train/cars offline? Is it a result of other rides having issues in the same area? Are there issues with baggage storage staffing as there was on Wickerman last weekend?

The truth is, no one knows unless they're on park and in those specific area. So you can't just deem a ride's queue simply being to "popularity", when there could be far more factors in play...
Yeah there are loads of different factors. Too many to count 😛

A friend of a friend who's aunt works in cleaning at a Spoons in Stoke overheard staff members saying how Smiler was on 1 train, half water dummied.
Really? Wow... that explains the long queues.

I know it’s half term but I wonder when the last time was that Smiler was on a 2 hour queue on a Monday?! Being down at Scarefest/Fireworks last year I bet u would have to go back to 2018/19? Is it that busy on park today or is it just cause of the poor reliability?

I know it’s half term but I wonder when the last time was that Smiler was on a 2 hour queue on a Monday?! Being down at Scarefest/Fireworks last year I bet u would have to go back to 2018/19? Is it that busy on park today or is it just cause of the poor reliability?
Mostly because of poor reliability the crowd isn't as evenly spread out especially with oblivion being right next to it being shut.