• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Queue Times Discussion 2023

Ye queues have been much better today. Huge milestone for me too today which I'm so happy with. I reached my 100th ride on smiler this year. Done smiler more this year than I've done most the rides in total since I started visiting towers in 2013
Congratulations @Ethan!

My uncle who is a bus driver is actually taking a late school trip to Towers on July 26th, even though schools here finished yesterday. I'm not sure if any other schools are doing it this way, but I find it strange it's the week after. And no, it wasn't rearranged because of the heatwave.

You get the odd school trip right the year round...some posh prep/boarding schools have year round placements for parents abroad...they often have passes for year round reward trips.
Quite a few schools do start of year trips during "mini freshers" weeks, would you believe.
Just getting my head around school proms, then they give the little sods freshers weeks.
Quietest time for ride queues in most parks for the next six weeks...Sunday mornings.
Jogging round the Beach on summer Sunday mornings, half a dozen different coasters in an hour...pretty much impossible at the Towers.

You get the odd school trip right the year round...some posh prep/boarding schools have year round placements for parents abroad...they often have passes for year round reward trips.

I now have a vision in my head of a bunch of kids wearing double breasted suits called Tarquin and Gideon with double barrelled surnames riding Grand National.

Ye queues have been much better today. Huge milestone for me too today which I'm so happy with. I reached my 100th ride on smiler this year. Done smiler more this year than I've done most the rides in total since I started visiting towers in 2013

100 rides on The Smiler in 4 months….. based on the brain damage caused by Rugby and boxing that’s early onset dementia for you!

I now have a vision in my head of a bunch of kids wearing double breasted suits called Tarquin and Gideon with double barrelled surnames riding Grand National.

No, come on now.
Silks, Jodhpurs or breeches, with a riding hat and whip are required for the National, however it is ridden.

100 rides on The Smiler in 4 months….. based on the brain damage caused by Rugby and boxing that’s early onset dementia for you!
Didn't think about it that way. You might be right unfortunately I don't know how these things will affect me in the long term

I don’t know that it’s exactly a ghost town today… 3 coasters (Smiler, Rita and Galactica) are on 60, with Wicker being on 55 and Spinball being on 50.

Nemesis on 30 is pretty quiet, though, and Oblivion on 10 is practically deserted… particularly when Smiler is on 60. I know Oblivion has a somewhat higher throughput than Smiler, but surely a few extra pph on their own wouldn’t reduce the queue by 50 minutes compared to Smiler?

Perhaps the weather might be playing a role today? I don’t know what Alton is like, but it’s bucketing down with rain here in Gloucestershire…
EDIT: Scratch that, Oblivion’s now 30… must have been an understated queue time.

First time many people have been abroad for 3 years coupled with cost of living means theme park trips aren’t top of the list for many.

The park still appears comfortably busy considering the above, but it’s certainly quieter than last year.

Yeah I’m pretty sure the cost of living will be having a major impact on visitors who might have otherwise visited. I’m not surprised that’s it less busy than previous years all. I expect Scarefest may be the exception as if people are saving that’s likely to be the time they are saving for, particularly considering the later closes

I don’t know that it’s exactly a ghost town today… 3 coasters (Smiler, Rita and Galactica) are on 60, with Wicker being on 55 and Spinball being on 50.

Nemesis on 30 is pretty quiet, though, and Oblivion on 10 is practically deserted… particularly when Smiler is on 60. I know Oblivion has a somewhat higher throughput than Smiler, but surely a few extra pph on their own wouldn’t reduce the queue by 50 minutes compared to Smiler?

Perhaps the weather might be playing a role today? I don’t know what Alton is like, but it’s bucketing down with rain here in Gloucestershire…
EDIT: Scratch that, Oblivion’s now 30… must have been an understated queue time.
This was what it was like last summer

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220822-135038_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20220822-135038_Photos.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 32