• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Queue Times Discussion 2023

Looking at Queue times today is it a glimpse into the future. Long wait times, limited thrill rides all it will take is a closure and days could be long and rough. Towers needs to find some supporting rides for next year or reduce capacity

Duel re theme, hopefully Sub Terra, and more than likely the retro squad (don’t want but I’ll take them over empty spaces) +1 probably in enterprises space will probably mean nemesis being closed *should* be manageable

Looking at RideTimes myself, I don’t think today looks too bad.

There are a few 60s and one 70, yes, but there are also plenty of rides below 60 minutes, as well.

In the Family section, nothing is above 20 minutes… and I should add that that is with 2 rides, one of which is the Rapids, currently being closed.

Looking at RideTimes myself, I don’t think today looks too bad.

There are a few 60s and one 70, yes, but there are also plenty of rides below 60 minutes, as well.

In the Family section, nothing is above 20 minutes… and I should add that that is with 2 rides, one of which is the Rapids, currently being closed.

Today was not too bad..queues were overstated across the board on the app today.

We entered queues to find we were queuing much less than what the app said, some rides that had 20 to 30 minute queues stated on the app, were walk on. Very high ride count achieved today, that includes arriving at lunchtime and not rushing around.

But back to the point, every single ride we rode today had overstated times on the app.

Last edited:
I dunno, usually for me queue time are usually very accurate when I’m on park, and they’re only not accurate if they’ve not been updated in a while. It doesn’t seem to be like Disney where they’ll stick 70 minutes down for like 15 minutes.

A considerable amount of people queuing for Funk’n’Fly could be between 1.2 and 1.39 metres. A considerable amount of people may also not like rollercoasters. Even if they do, a considerable amount of people may find going upside down that many times unpleasant/be scared if it. That’s probably why.

That Funk n Fly queue is probably physically not very long but the ops are appalling. Not looking at the app means you would have no idea without observing it for a cycle or two.

I've seen worse. Last weekend at one stage, Shambhala, Furius Baco and Dragon Khan were all on 2 hours with Stampida and Hurakan Condor on 1.5 hours. Still, it highlights the lack of rides Towers have.

The RetroSquad don’t have advertised queue times other than on the app, do they? So surely people joining the queue for a RetroSquad ride won’t know how long it is unless they look at the app?

The RetroSquad don’t have advertised queue times other than on the app, do they? So surely people joining the queue for a RetroSquad ride won’t know how long it is unless they look at the app?
And the info screens located around the park, but no they don't have their own queue boards.

Monitoring the queue times this weekend since our visit on Friday...I think it's fairly obvious this park needs a lot more capacity. At some point every major coaster has had 80-90min queue this weekend and all at the same time too quite often.

The park need to bite the bullet and invest in some flat rides. Some that are high capacity and high throughput.

Add HH, NST and 1 or 2 high capacity flats would make things much better for wait times.

These traveling rides are quite frankly an insult to customers when you're getting these kind of visitor numbers.

Screenshot_20221023-142325_Alton Towers.jpg
When you realise people are waiting the same amount of time for funkn fly as Smiler🤨

The queues were consistently long yesterday. We delayed getting there to miss the morning's heavy rain, but there was little respite from the queues until well after dark. We ended up only missing out on Rita as the 13 queue never really abated and so after that we needed to hot foot it over to FV for a last ride on Nemesis and finished with Galactica. There's usually a few times where queues for one or another ride drop to 15/20 mins for a spell, but that never really happened.

The fast track situation is getting worse. The box office stated sold out by soon after midday - and, judging by the long FT queues for most rides, they'd sold loads of these. We only buy FT's for WM in advance - but even these had really restricted times available for the evening when I went to buy them, as so many people must snaffle them up. I always feel annoyed at myself for being part of the FT problem but, without doing that, we lose over 2 hours of what is already to tight a timeframe for the day, and that's two extra rides (one Scarefest a few years ago we didn't get FT's and only got on 5 rides all day in over 10 hours - 2.5 hours was queing for Wicker)