• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Queue Times Discussion 2023

Typical bank holiday weekend. Tomorrow will be busier than today despite not being part of half term, because everyone goes the day after the bank holiday weekend as they expect it to be quieter :tearsofjoy:

A bank holiday is always the best day to go to a theme park. Everyone else expects it to be busy so avoids going leaving the park empty, but the park expects it to be busy so staffs everything full capacity and extends ride close. A win-win for those who do go :D

Typical bank holiday weekend. Tomorrow will be busier than today despite not being part of half term, because everyone goes the day after the bank holiday weekend as they expect it to be quieter :tearsofjoy:

A bank holiday is always the best day to go to a theme park. Everyone else expects it to be busy so avoids going leaving the park empty, but the park expects it to be busy so staffs everything full capacity and extends ride close. A win-win for those who do go :D
I'll be there tommorow so I'll keep everyone updated on crowds etc. Don't get me wrong days like today are great for getting in lots of rides but I actually prefer the busier days. Love the atmosphere when the park is buzzing with life

A bank holiday is always the best day to go to a theme park. Everyone else expects it to be busy so avoids going

Looks at Drayton Manor, which had one sell out day this weekend and some close to capacity days...

This rule you mention does seem to be the case for Alton Towers. But I would not use it as an absolute rule for the above mentioned.

Looks at Drayton Manor, which had one sell out day this weekend and some close to capacity days...

This rule you mention does seem to be the case for Alton Towers. But I would not use it as an absolute rule for the above mentioned.
I guess it depends on the park, but I've had the same quiet bank holiday experience at Blackpool Pleasure Beach and Thorpe Park in the past. Maybe Drayton Manor is where everyone is at on a bank holiday! :tearsofjoy:

I guess it depends on the park, but I've had the same quiet bank holiday experience at Blackpool Pleasure Beach and Thorpe Park in the past. Maybe Drayton Manor is where everyone is at on a bank holiday! :tearsofjoy:
Do remember the size of Drayton manor. It's capacity will be significantly lower than towers. A sold out Drayton is probably a 1/3 full towers

Yep I would expect almost no annual passholders on park and the mixed weather as well as many people doing street parties and other jubilee stuff would all have contributed to the park quiet.

Something that surprised me when I went to Towers (Monday and yesterday) was that regardless of how busy the rest of the park was, Spinjam just didn't have a queue. At it's busiest the queue was to the end of the metal walkway (probably one cycle's worth), but it was usually walk on and I even had a cycle 1/4 full. I don't get why?

Something that surprised me when I went to Towers (Monday and yesterday) was that regardless of how busy the rest of the park was, Spinjam just didn't have a queue. At it's busiest the queue was to the end of the metal walkway (probably one cycle's worth), but it was usually walk on and I even had a cycle 1/4 full. I don't get why?
Maybe it's because of how intense it is?

Maybe it was the demographic that were there those 2 days? Remember we are in the height of the GCSE and A-level season and I suspect that Spinjam appeals to that age group more than younger and older people who are attending at the moment. If the queue is empty during the upcoming school trip period then there's reasons to question it!

I think most adrenaline junkies go for the coasters tbh. They may go on a flat on the way to another ride but it isn't a priority.

I'm not sure why it'd be being ignored by adrenaline junkies, it's actually a good ride! I'd rather queue for Spinjam than a couple of the coasters (Spinball Whizzer and Nemesis in particular) - Nemesis has been riding horribly my two visits this season. Hopefully Spinjam gets more of a queue soon!

But not everyone visits fairs - I don’t so would likely never have been on a smashing jump, super trooper, extreme; etc. I’m willing to guess that significant numbers of guests think the same. Flavio’s, Funk’n’Fly and Roller Disco all hit over 40 minutes on busy days - despite being standard. I know the operations aren’t great, but there’s a good few cycles worth in a 40+ minute queue. It’s only Spinjam that ISNT getting the waits.

It's literally just the height restriction.

There is plenty to do for those over 1.4m tall already, much less for those under that height.

Given there isn't currently a ride for those under 1.4m tall in X-Sector, Spinjam was perhaps a poor choice for the setting. It's a great ride experience though.