• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

GeoGuessr: Theme Park Challenge

RicketyCricket

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Taron
Hello!

Do you like coasters? Do you like maps? Do you like geography? Fantastic. Welcome to the game.

What is GeoGuessr?

You are dropped in a random location anywhere in then world, on google street view. You need to work out exactly where you are and pinpoint that location. The closer to the pin you are, the more points you get. In this game though you will be within a few miles of a theme/amusement park.

What are the rules?

First of all - NO GOOGLING. There will always be a clue on every image. Some may be obvious, like a coaster poking out in the distance. Some may be a lot more difficult, like road signs or advertising boards to identify which country/region you are in.

League 3:

https://www.geoguessr.com/leagues/Vrm4F4Hn3RtukVgL

League 1 Top 10:

1. Danny

2. Projektion

3. Dan Bay

4. Matthijs Karels

5. Peet13

6. Hixee

7. Ian

8. Palsson Christian

9. tilenb

10. Sammy

League 2 Top 10:

1. Heartline Coaster
2. Danny
3. Dan Bay
4. Matthijs Karels
5. tilenb
6. Cupcakes and Coasters
7. LR305
8. Rollercoaster David
9. Hixee
10. Peet

Last edited:
Ah, GeoGuesser, that's where half my uni procrastination went!

Can't believe I was 38 points off you....

I got 20,879; I’d say I knew the park in all cases, but I struggled to get really near to the park in some cases.

I'll have a nosey in a bit, usually do the daily challenge (and make a mess of it)

24,305, would have been slightly better if I'd realised you had to click to location on the map, not the actual theme park! However, are you supposed to click the original location you were dropped at or the location you move to?

Great game though @RicketyCricket!

24,305, would have been slightly better if I'd realised you had to click to location on the map, not the actual theme park! However, are you supposed to click the original location you were dropped at or the location you move to?

Great game though @RicketyCricket!
My mistake; it's supposed to be no moving allowed.

Let's call this a practice round so everyone can get to grips with the game.

Going forward I'm creating a league, but I need to make 10 separate rounds before doing so. There will also be no moving allowed to make it more difficult and you need to pinpoint that location, not the park.

Not bad at all - only one I had to think about was the 2nd one. Good game.

Slighter earlier than expected but here we go...

https://www.geoguessr.com/leagues/xEePnEFTZY0JRmzC

The league is now live and the first round will begin in one hour. All participants will have 2 days to submit there guesses and then the next leg will automatically begin.

Some tips:

- There will always be a clue. So keep your eyes peeled. Either a coaster being visible, or some sort of signage with hints to where we are

- Some locations may be inside a park but most are within a few miles of a park. You get more points the closer you are to the pin, so this could be on a road nearby

- As we are focussing on theme parks, this will give you a good reference point on the map. Try to find the park you think is closest and then narrow it down from there

- Difficulty wise it's a mixed bag, you don't have to have visited all the parks but it will certainly help

- The world wide rounds can include the US and Europe

Any questions please let me know, have fun and good luck!

Last edited:
22 hours and 41 minutes, apparently!
Should be all good now that's it's a league format which is free to play. Otherwise I think you get one free game per day.

The pro version is worth getting though if you like the game there's lots of different challenges available.

23,500, not bad as I don’t really know much about European theme parks some I knew instantly where they were, others were pure guesses

17,940; yet again, I had a basic idea of which park it was in most cases, it was mainly finding the right location on the map!

A really fun idea, though; thanks for organising @RicketyCricket!

Pretty poor for me, even with a little bit of googling to check where the park I think it might be actually is on a map.
Probably doesn't help that I haven't visited any of those parks (really hope to get to Europa soon)