• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Going the Extra Mile?

AirFAN

TS Member
Went to Alton Towers recently and wondered what the park could do to go the extra mile.

Having a background in customer service I'm always aware of ways in which companies can make the experience better for customers.

I wondered if anyone else had any ideas for small changes Alton Towers could implement to make its guests experience that bit easier/more comfortable etc.

It had been raining on park but had stopped. We grabbed something to eat at the hot dog stand in Dark Forest (like many others). We were given a hot dog, fries and a drink - carrying three separate things is a challenge to say the least - we had no option but to perch them on a nearby table and stand as we ate them. If it does rain and has subsequently stopped, why don't staff dry the tables/seats to make them useable for guests? It's a small job that would take seconds and would potentially result in more sales as some guests may be deterred to purchase food if there's nowhere to sit and eat it.

Also, I can't say if it's the same around the park, but at the hot dog stand I noticed you could be charged 50p for extra toppings - however none of the point of sale marketing detailed what these toppings were? As a result, I went without. Alton Towers lost a potential sale - and yes I know it's a small one, but I doubt I'm not the only one to think along the same lines.

You may think the above changes are minute and quite frankly laughable - but more often than not it's the small things that people really notice, that extra attention to detail.