• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Goodbye to Ben and Dave - Hello to Sammy!

Craig

TS Administrator
Hi all! As the end of the season approaches, it’s sadly time to announce a few departures from our team. @Dave and our Tavern Landlord @Ben have decided to leave following the curse of real life catching up with them.

Dave and Ben leave us as they take a step back to real life, either that or they’re running away to start some kind of secret relationship together - I’m not quite sure in all honesty. Anyway, over the years Dave has made countless edits, new pages on our website along with plenty of work here on the forum. Although he’ll be missed, I can completely understand his wish to step away as he’s unable to dedicate the time he’d like to the site and forum. I’m sure he’ll still be sticking around on numerous meets and hanging around the forum when he’s able to, so you won’t have seen the last of him!

Ben also leaves us for similar reasons to Dave. His work in real life leaves him pooped, and with very little time for the Tavern. Without wanting to leave a stain on his record too much, he’s caused me many a headache over the years from sailing close to the wind, but it’s all been ultimately in good fun. His defecation to the site has been second to none and I wish him all the best!

So good luck to both Dave and to Ben, and thanks from me and the rest of the team for the work you’ve put in here on TowersStreet - it’s immensely appreciated!

However, it’s not all bad news, and I’m very pleased to welcome a new team member too - welcome @Sammy! Many will know Sam from meets, and will be well aware of his habit of being late. In fact, we actually asked him to join the team over 4 years ago, it’s just took him this long to get back to us. He’ll be assisting across both website and forum over the coming months.

As for a new landlord, at present we’re not looking to fill this just yet. However, in keeping with the usual corruption involved in the position, please feel free to bung myself or Saz a tenner or something as a subtle ‘hint’ that you want the role at this weekend’s Fireworks meet. Only joking, we’ll shout up when we’ve decided….honest!

So long Ben and Dave! Hope you can still keep active on the forum from time to time! As for the new Landlord, Has @DiogoJ42 considered applying?

Well, at least Sammy's starting as he means to go on by being late to respond to your request, eh, Craig? :p Nah, in all seriousness, I'm sure Sammy will be a great addition to the Team. As for Dave and Ben leaving, it's a shame to see them go - as it is with any Team Member leaving - but I'd like to thank them for their work on the site over the years, and I wish them well for the future.

Thanks to Ben and Dave, and hello to Sam! :D

I currently have no ambitions in the direction of landlord.

... However, if my esteemed fellow members can persuade me to take up the roll for the good of the community, I would be forced to reluctantly accept...

Good luck Ben and Dave in your new relationship! And hello Sammy, welcome to the team! Now I can't even escape from you on the team!

Reactions: Amy
FINALLY!!! They're gone!!! PAAAARTTAAAAAYYYY!!! Oh wait, they can still see this can't they...

Seriously, Dave has spent many an hour working side by side with the rest of the team to build pages, update content and get involved in the forum. I'll miss his eternal "where" and "were" swaps!

Ben, you poured a good pint and led a good establishment. Thank you for your endless mickey-taking and ability to turn serious subject matter into something hilarious.

Sam, see you for duties in 2018. Can you at least be at the SW8 opening?

Well thanks for the vote of confidence guys, it's so wonderful to see you all have so much faith in me!!

Well, I'll show you, when I get round to it. I'll see you for SW11 in 2030 ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still the only team member to have two "goodbye" posts from Craig (must push for a third).

Really love this weird group but real life has got silly busy and this place only ever deserves those who are 100% committed to it and the park. I have lost the buzz for Alton Towers (its the best UK park but the UK industry is fecked) and the NHS is taking all my ram but tha is the way it is.

Anyway, the TowersStreet team is the best group of batsh*t crazies you can want in life and i am more than proud that i was part of the move here when it happened.

Anyway time to settle down with my bottle of wine!