• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

GPS trails

stretchy

TS Member
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but have you ever wondered just what an average day at Towers looks like, plotted on a map? No nor me, well not till yesterday when a friend of mine GPS tracked the day. This was a quite chilled day, so not rushing to do rides.
http://gps.motionx.com/maps/89f3c79025329ce73009e25e715e7032
Date: 30 Aug 2014 10:33 am
Distance: 7.06 miles
Elapsed Time: 7:27:41
Avg Speed: 0.9 mph
Max Speed: 30.9 mph
Avg Pace: 63' 23" per mile
Min Altitude: 508 ft
Max Altitude: 633 ft
Start Time: 2014-08-30T09:33:47Z
Start Location:
Latitude: 52º 59' 19" N
Longitude: 1º 53' 19" W
End Location:
Latitude: 52º 59' 30" N
Longitude: 1º 53' 32" W

This looks very interesting indeed! I can only assume the max speed thing was when you were on a coaster?

I can only assume that with a max speed of only 40mph, your friend did not go on anything more exciting than Air?

The max speeds are smoothed a bit, so loopy rides wouldn't count. (we did all the coasters inc Nemy and Smiler. My guess is that that was measured somewhere with a long straight on a ride, So possibly Rita or 13 or Air.

That's quite interesting! I would love to know how many miles I must walk while at Towers.

Also it's funny looking at the map of where you walked, clearly the GPS got a bit confused on most of the coasters, and certainly with the Smiler queue line.

Last edited:
I take it the GPS was body worn. thought the top speed would of been 60 due to the rita launch or has the park been incorrect with the speed of rita

Was just an iPhone in a pocket. And yes GPS fails occasionally in 'urban cannyons', smiler's queue confuses the best of us. By the way, Motion x gps is the app. I challenge y'all to see exactly how good theme parks are for your general fitness. :) cheaper than a gym, much for fun!

I take it the GPS was body worn. thought the top speed would of been 60 due to the rita launch or has the park been incorrect with the speed of rita

Fastest ride on park is Oblivion :) Rita does 62 MPH / 100 KM/H Whereas Oblivion can achieve more due to gravity