• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Gröna Lund: General Discussion

Sam

TS Member
Spotted by Martyn B on CF.

Apparently Gröna Lund are installing a new Star Flyer next year, on the site of their removed Topscan.

9S1B2.png

Tight squeeze at Gröna Lund as usual!

Star Flyer instead of Top Scan?

Ugh.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I echo the above sentiments. This addition has actually reduced my interest in visiting Grona Lund.

Well, with them building the Star-Flyer there, it certainly looks like the original expansion plans on the car park, including a B&M invert, have been shelved :'(

Which is a real shame! Concepts from way back in 2008 looked really good, the Star Flyer was going to be around 328ft supposedly!

2012_ExpansionPlans1.jpg

If this Star Flyer is going to be anything like the one proposed in that image, I don't think I'd worry about loosing Extreme. It certainly looks better than the tacky LED-smothered Top Scan that used to sit there. :p

It's a shame that Inverted coaster is unlikely to materialise though. It looks great. :/

How it looks isn't that relevant to me, as I wouldn't be riding it anyway. Topscans on the other hand are amongst my favourite rides when running at their best.

Check out this concept art the park produced, for a possible future Ben 10 clone! Just an idea they're kicking around at the moment. :)

7hUKw.jpg

Posted by _koppen on CF. :)

Ladies and Gentlemen... Say hello to Eclipse!

8446359493_9e371d27f1.jpg

Yes, that's right, roll up, roll in, and let the pure terror begin, for in the past few days Grona Lund have announced that in 80 days time, they are to launch the worlds tallest Star-Flyer ride! Standing at a whopping 121meters, (that's 396ft) an incredible 95ft taller than the current Windseeker models at Cedar Fair Parks, and only 60ft less than Kingda Ka!!

bild1.jpg

Concept Art for the ride.

Some Stat's
  • 12 swings, holding a maximum of 24 people per ride cycle
  • Approx 2 minute cycle, spinning almost 400ft in the air
  • Spinning at almost 43mph
  • Minimum height resriction of 47inches (1.2m)
  • Manufactured by Funtime Rides
  • Opens April 27th

So, I have to say, personally, I would love to ride it and I think it looks stunning, will really be quite a thrill!

But I have to say, I am slightly apprehensive to see if it has problems, after all, we all know what's happened to Windseeker!

I will end the post with this, a rather sinister teaser trailer for the ride!

Gröna Lund teaser 2013 - english version

Six Flags must be quite relieved that it's a tiny bit shorter than their new one at Over Texas. Still, this is a monster! When built this high they're scarier than a drop towers!

:)

See, I knew this ride would be good! Swinging around nearly 400ft in the air should be fun! :D

Still, it's a shame they never got that B&M Inverted! :(

Won't get me on Starflyers EVER! I think it's one of those rides that scares a few enthusiasts, I know of a few people who won't go on one on this forum. If it had been a drop tower it would have been fine.

The cables holding them on don't, and have never looked sturdy enough to say they're 400ft in the air. Always reminds me of that Russian park that had a similar ride and one of the cables snapped.

Fantastic viral ad/prank thing for a new scare attraction Gröna Lund are launching in 2015, 'The House of Nightmares'

Grona Lund.

Marketing. You're doing it right!

That's brilliant :D - jump scares don't get me but if that happened to me, I'd be making an exception!

Grona Lund have announced that they are to build a Falcon's Fury style Intamin drop tower for 2017 called Ikaros:

db_2017_IKARUS1.jpg

It will be 95 meters tall which converts to around 311 feet. Here is the teaser video:

Looks like a good additon for the park to me!

:)

Reactions: Tim
I'm loving they layout very imaginative and looks like the nice tight transitions will give this ride good g forces.

Much better than the original plans for an invert back in 2008/9ish. Using the constraints of the site has made a better more interesting ride.

Nice one Grona Land.