• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Hex Artwork + Think Tank Minutes

Theres been a few gems appearing on eBay recently, mainly things from Altons archive.

I would hazard a guess they have not been obtained with permission from Towers.

Seems to be from the same seller as the nemesis concept art. Cant see towers letting any more be sold really.

I don't think they have much control, if someone took it...

If someone with a bit of spare cash lying around (I know it's a tough ask in the current times and especially Christmas having just been) can buy it then I'm sure Towers would be incredibly grateful to play it back in their archives.

Or you could just keep it for a nice wall decoration :p

If someone with a bit of spare cash lying around (I know it's a tough ask in the current times and especially Christmas having just been) can buy it then I'm sure Towers would be incredibly grateful to play it back in their archives.

Or you could just keep it for a nice wall decoration :p
Well, the last set went for about £200 I think..

I've got a fiver if anyone wants to pay the other £195 :p

The seller states that the items (including the ones from the Nemesis lot) came from a recent Tussauds auction. Wish I would have known they were doing one! The different 80s/90s items that have been listed during the past week (and a couple sold already) are from a guy who used to work in the shows back then. He was a bit of a hero and had the foresight to collect everything going (he especially likes Henry Hound - I think he played him) and also got people working in the archive and stuff in that period to pass stuff on to him - legally - when they had something spare. I know he's a genuine bloke because I've actually bought stuff off him in person in the past and he defo got his stuff back in the day fair and square. Would like to know a bit more about this 'Tussauds Auction' of this latest concept stuff though from the different seller, seems like someone landed on their feet by purchasing this stuff if they got it on the cheap from a genuine auction :)

Wish towers would put all their concept art online or at least let people see it. Especially for someone who didn't see the original hex videos, something like that really isn't worth what they sell for.

A great way to push up the price of the auction - share it with as many people who would be interested in buying as possible.

eBay tip - if you find something rare, keep it to yourself.

I was considering bidding, but over £300 takes the biscuit, I couldn't part with that much money!

I'm hoping whoever wins it could be an enthusiast that could share it with us lot, since there's a lot of us interested in the history/development of Hex and the details of the original shows/sections.

Hi there (previously electricBlll on here if you have the misfortune of remembering me),

As some of you may know I have been running an archive and documentary project on British dark rides for the past 2 years. I am producing an episode on Hex and am working on an agreement with the person auctioning to utilise most of this archive material for a new documentary episode, which as usual you will all be able to see for free. I will not own the material being auctioned however so the sale will go ahead.

Because of these plans please don't drive the price up for the sake of it, as really these things should not be sold and should ideally be kept in studio archives. However I am informed all of this material was sold off by Tussauds Studios almost 15 years ago, and so it is now personal property for whoever owns it.

I have full archive banks on many dark ride attractions around the UK and want nothing more than to share the stories and material with those interested, so no need to worry. If goes to plan then I will be arranging another interview with john Wardley and people from the Hex 1999 team to feature in a new episode.

Sweet! Nice work on your episodes so far mate. Was thinking just the other day that this series has so much more potential. :)

Thanks! I did plan my episode on Hex (& Valhalla) originally but cancelled it because of various reasons. But it would be much more worth it now and with some surprises. Although it's always a bit of a tricky situation when secret documents are being flogged on ebay, even though this particular auction is fair. There were a lot of things stolen from the Towers archives a few years back that got sold to a collector unfortunately. However, I will do my to get everyone the best outcome from this situation whilst letting whoever pays for the (expensive!) auction have their fun.

Hi there (previously electricBlll on here if you have the misfortune of remembering me),

As some of you may know I have been running an archive and documentary project on British dark rides for the past 2 years. I am producing an episode on Hex and am working on an agreement with the person auctioning to utilise most of this archive material for a new documentary episode, which as usual you will all be able to see for free. I will not own the material being auctioned however so the sale will go ahead.

Because of these plans please don't drive the price up for the sake of it, as really these things should not be sold and should ideally be kept in studio archives. However I am informed all of this material was sold off by Tussauds Studios almost 15 years ago, and so it is now personal property for whoever owns it.

I have full archive banks on many dark ride attractions around the UK and want nothing more than to share the stories and material with those interested, so no need to worry. If goes to plan then I will be arranging another interview with john Wardley and people from the Hex 1999 team to feature in a new episode.
That's fantastic news, I really hope it works out for you!

It would be a very cool piece of Alton Towers history to own!

Last edited: