• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Hex - If and when will it return

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.

JB1985

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Oblivion
I am going to put this question out there. When / will Hex ever return?

Quite simply after Wardleys original haunted house (not the mash up it now is) this is probably my favourite dark rise and second favourite ride on the park. It's totally unique due to its settings and the story told.

In short it was perfect in my eyes. It falls short of what it was now but still doesn't deserve the chop. So... The question remains....will we see it again or will it be consigned to the archives?

I can't see them getting rid of it. Like you said its unique with its string and story. I hope it is getting the tlc traeatment, new screens and projectors etc, as well as all the effects restored and bought up to date.

It's a rare ride in the fact it's based on local folklore and tells the story well (with the added theme park embellishment).

Long may it live.

Park is really missing Hex!!! I did notice they have turned the froghopper to an angle so you cant see over the boarding screening out driving school. Is this to hide a hive of activity or lack of activity???

Park is really missing Hex!!! I did notice they have turned the froghopper to an angle so you cant see over the boarding screening out driving school. Is this to hide a hive of activity or lack of activity???
Lack of. I don't think they'll even do much with it.

As for Hex, I could see it reopening this season potentially. As too for Sub Terra and maybe driving school. I think they planned on reopening some of these all along and they just wanted to gauge what the season would be like and what the reaction was without them. May even dictate how much money gets spent on Hex tarting it up

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

They were messing with scaffolding and big planks by the big portcullis wall on Tuesday,
that is roughly where the actual ride is isn't it?

It is rumoured that work (Floor been relaid, new projector, and mechanical curtain repaired) has already been carried out on Hex and subject to getting the parking issue sorted (Replacement ring gear), I'm under the impression that they are trying to get Hex open for the summer. But then again wasn't we all informed that they were trying to get The Smiler open for last years Scarefest?

I just hope that they get these closed rides sorted and re-open soon.

I was under the impression it would open later in the season/beginning of next season. I think it needs extensive maintenance, and obviously with the cut backs they have decided to do this now to save on costs.

It will reopen, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's some sort of creative struggle behind the scenes between the park's management and Merlin, who likely want it refreshed somehow. Which would admittedly be a shame, as the ride is a masterpiece and a key part of the park.

Can't see it opening this year, it will be back, but if this year is a disaster they may even keep it shut for another season yet.

if this year is a disaster they may even keep it shut for another season yet.
This. I can see the towers only opening hex this year if visitor numbers don't raise. That's why I'm hopeful for scarefest. If it's as busy as some of the days were last year (Halloween in particular) then hopefully they'll get their lineup back up. Hoping the same for NST, as I'd love to do it at scarefest.

Hopefully it gets some more elements added to it, it's a cool story and more could be done with it given the way technology has moved forward. Probably the worst part of the ride is the haunted swing element which doesn't make any sense in the context of everything else.

I really do hope that Hex is actually getting a 'refurbishment' and a noticable one as they will come under a lot of fire should it re-open with no changes.

It is rumoured that work (Floor been relaid, new projector, and mechanical curtain repaired) has already been carried out on Hex and subject to getting the parking issue sorted (Replacement ring gear), I'm under the impression that they are trying to get Hex open for the summer. But then again wasn't we all informed that they were trying to get The Smiler open for last years Scarefest?

I just hope that they get these closed rides sorted and re-open soon.

The Smiler was ready then, Varney said no.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.